1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129
131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last
  1. waveSounds
    [​IMG]

2. CaptainFantastic
    Thanks for letting us know. I think I speak for all long-term Nightowl owners here when I say that upon receipt of this additional information, we will bin these concert-hall fake headphones immediately. And here I was, on my frequent switches from the HD-600 to the Nightowl and back, thinking that these are fairly neutral and pleasant closed-backs.

3. mbwilson111
    ...and I assume this applies to my Nighthawk also....oh well. I had kind of gotten attached to them over the three years that I have had them, but I will do what must be done.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    funkle II, Hi-Fi EDU, THGM and 3 others like this.
  4. waveSounds
    "Every non-deaf ppl will hear instanly"

Grammar aside, does this mean we're all deaf? [​IMG]

THGM likes this.
  5. oneula
    for relaxing late night listening from a DAP in an easy chair the nightowls are perfect
    the pleather gets warm but in AC it works

6. mbwilson111
    Of course...or at least we are hearing incorrectly.

7. THGM
    Kelsey Grammer, surely... :wink:

Guess we're all listening incorrectly, tone deaf or both. Even Herb Reichert, who, weirdly it now seems, rated the NO's rather highly. Indeed, he stated that if he were now forced to live with one set of headphones, they would be the AQ NO's.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. Shahram
    I think your take is a bit extreme. I will just say that this headphone is very much colored, but in a way that makes music enjoyable, but not necessarily accurate. I think this is totally fine and will please a whole lot of people, especially for the price they going for now. If you seek accuracy these headphones are not for you. Most of the times I'm listening for pure enjoyment and could give two shits about accuracy. If you want accurate go for some studio headphones by the likes of Beyerdynamic or similar.

phthora and trellus like this.
  9. mbwilson111
    No need to feed trolls.

10. trellus
    I also think the “weirdness” of the sound is more a Nighthawk characteristic than NightOwl trait. Even some of the ears I respect the most who have absolutely dumped on the NightHawks (metal571) say that the NightOwls are a lot more normal of a sound signature.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  11. mbwilson111
    Which is why I never got the NO... I already have enough "normal." I have been tempted though. My NH will stay with me forever.

12. Mhog55
    No doubt. On a side note, I've found that this headphone scales really well. Doesn't need a ton of power to run, but it sure does like it. Definitely wakes them up, and they become more full bodied with greater dynamics. People with their crazy burn in talk - but with these cans, the burn in is real.

THGM, phthora and mbwilson111 like this.
  13. phthora
    I agree! Nothing's too good for my babies....

20191002_172146.jpg

gibsonsg87, THGM, mbwilson111 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mhog55
    Outstanding. But you don't have the Owls listed above your streets and sheets.

15. phthora
    Nope. That spot is just for the favorite of the moment. My complete list of gear is in my profile.

First

Back
120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129
131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last