1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last
  1. Shahram
  2. kennyb123
    If you get the Nightbird cable, please let us know what you think. The price for the longer lengths isn’t too bad.

3. Shahram
    I will for sure. But first I need to find a Nightowl!

4. Devodonaldson
    Still pairs on amazon

5. Shahram
    Trying my hardest to find a used pair for like $250. I will cave and buy a new if I don't find one in a couple more weeks.

6. Billheiser
    trellus likes this.
  7. Bern2
  8. Shahram
    I'm 1 minute away from winning a used one on auction on ebay for $210. Woot!

Bern2 likes this.
  9. ill Kabong
    After having my NO’s since April I’m trying to decide if they are going to remain a keeper. For all those with NO’s if you were to trade them what would you want? I currently have a set of full woody sr80e’s which I absolutely love but they are open back and not suitable for the wild. I do like my nightowls but they are so big that I’m almost embarrassed to wear them in public (not really.)

10. CaptainFantastic
    If you sell them, you will regret it at some point in the future. Watch this recent review (today), it's not the absolute best review, but captures this idea that the sound of the NO is so pleasing and natural at the same time:

Hi-Fi EDU and ill Kabong like this.
  11. waveSounds
    I don't use mine out of the house but if I was forced to trade them in for another set, the only cans under the thousand mark I might consider would be the Campfire Cascade. Otherwise, nothing holds enough appeal until way up the price ladder a la the Sony MDR-Z1R or Fostex TH-900.

trellus and ill Kabong like this.
  12. CaptainFantastic
    And one reason I would not sell is because I haven't encountered another closed back that feels this good, no pressure, pleasure to wear for a long period. Maybe the Focal Stellia? I haven't demo-ed it.

13. Shahram
    Thanks for the video. Very informative.

I'm getting my nightowl in a few short days. Will post thoughts as soon as they arrive. I will be powering them with both a Benchmark DAC1 and Schiit Vali 2.

14. waveSounds
    Good find on this chap! Shame about the most recent comment on that video by your typical attention deficit, TLDR moron "Too long and boring. Get to the point quickly next time."

15. Mhog55
    I don't think I would ever wear them outside the house personally. I would consider trading mine for the E-mu Teaks... Plus cash on my side most likely. The Owls seem source dependant to me. More so than any other dynamics I've owned. They sound pretty fantastic with a spacious and airy sounding source, but a source that's of a more aggressive and forward nature... Not so much. Some elements sound a bit too distant at times. I like them quite a bit, but I'm not head over heels for them. They are extremely comfortable for sure. Aside from the Teaks, I can't think of another closed, sub 500 dollar can I'm all that interested in. Maybe the Fostex tr-x00, not sure. They might be a little too V shaped. I've read and heard the Teaks are more balanced.

ill Kabong likes this.
First

Back
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last