AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 29, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #9,091 of 10,194
I remember folk here talking of replacement cables, but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm after a longer cable so I can sit in my comfy chair, at least 3m required, 4m may be better. Not after high cost custom jobs, just something fairly priced for good SQ - I don't want to sacrifice sound quality of the original which I like.

So hoping if anyone has experience with one they really liked they would be kind enough to share it? Thanks.
I make a reasonably priced custom. Message me.

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #9,092 of 10,194
I remember folk here talking of replacement cables, but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm after a longer cable so I can sit in my comfy chair, at least 3m required, 4m may be better. Not after high cost custom jobs, just something fairly priced for good SQ - I don't want to sacrifice sound quality of the original which I like.

So hoping if anyone has experience with one they really liked they would be kind enough to share it? Thanks.
Audioquest nightbird cable. Bottom of listing says other lengths available upon request. http://www.elusivedisc.com/NightBir...reo-1_4-in-Cable-20M/productinfo/AQ-NBRDM12M/

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #9,093 of 10,194
Aug 29, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #9,095 of 10,194
That looks like the same horrible rubbery cable that comes with the Carbon.
Read reviews on it. It's a weave, so much more flexible. Everything I read has been super positive

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #9,096 of 10,194
Aug 29, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #9,097 of 10,194
Thanks, though a bit pricier than I was hoping for once shipped to UK.

I would never spend that much on a cable.

Why not run an extension lead over to your comfy chair. I have done that.

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #9,098 of 10,194
I would never spend that much on a cable.

Why not run an extension lead over to your comfy chair. I have done that.
Yeah true! I'm a bit OCD about having extra connections, but yeah I should just try it.

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #9,099 of 10,194
Are there other headphones that have a similar sound but more sturdy, my headband and pads are all worn out... . Does the NHC uses the same band as NH original?

Sep 7, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #9,100 of 10,194
Are there other headphones that have a similar sound but more sturdy, my headband and pads are all worn out... . Does the NHC uses the same band as NH original?
Same headband and suspension

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #9,101 of 10,194

From what I understand you've had it for ~5 years? Are you satisfied, got any advice for people who got them more recently? Any complaints? Did stuff start breaking on them or did anything change as time went on? Would you buy them again today, if something crushed them or whatnot. If so would the purchase be without any doubt, ezpz?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to say publicly for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #9,102 of 10,194
From what I understand you've had it for ~5 years? Are you satisfied, got any advice for people who got them more recently? Any complaints? Did stuff start breaking on them or did anything change as time went on? Would you buy them again today, if something crushed them or whatnot. If so would the purchase be without any doubt, ezpz?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to say publicly for whatever reason.

The sound signature imho is not dark at all, after the pad is detoriated. Complaints is not durable headband n pads, as well as the pads gets hot. But maybe i am pampered by my other hps - atticus n eikon

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #9,105 of 10,194
on the replacement cable subject - I had made by periaptcables.com when i bought my cans about a year ago. Its been good. Paid like 60 bucks I think.
DSC00377-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back