Audiophilitis: A Passion OR A Disease?
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 18
I'd say Passion bordering on the insane. So not quite disease, but it's curious: I haven't been to the headphone forum or listened to my 'serious' rig for about a month, and I feel somehow free. I know those cheap IEMs and discman aren't taking me all the way there, but the music seems more important now and the components less.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohlite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't been to the headphone forum or listened to my 'serious' rig for about a month, and I feel somehow free. I know those cheap IEMs and discman aren't taking me all the way there, but the music seems more important now and the components less.

Scary.
Are you function normaly in all other respects?
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohlite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Passion bordering on the insane. So not quite disease

exactly! each upgrade makes the previous one laughable...I wonder where that'll stop, but it sure is pure joy at heart
darthsmile.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 18
Still a passion for me. I just have to try and avoid focusing on the gear and not the end result.

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 18
i do not its meaning so i looked at two dictionaries at home and found no entry of such word.. i googled and saw it is someone's username

hence, Audiophilitis is neither a disease or passion but a username
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #14 of 18
Passion at first...then it morphs into this sick, twisted obsessive-compulsive, disturbing AFFLICTION!

I'm with Peete on this one
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #15 of 18
For me it's a passion when, due to having better gear, I'm getting more enjoyment out of well recorded albums.

It's a disease when, due to having better gear, I'm enjoying poorly recorded albums less than I used to because I notice their technical (not musical) flaws more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back