Audiophiles in Dubai?
Sep 3, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #17 of 1,748
I live in Duabi. Rejoice :) More headfiers :)

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #18 of 1,748
Is it just me, or does Dubai seem like a place that would be absolutely horrible to visit? No history, a lot of "luxury" stores you can find in any other major city in the world, buildings large and ugly for the sake of being large and ugly, and worst of all a massive population of immigrant laborers who do all the dirty work. That's my impression, if you live there tell me the good things about your city.

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 1,748
It's hot and sandy. That's all I can say. You try to stay indoors as much as you can in the air conditioning, whichgives you an excuse to listen to ALOT of music :)

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #20 of 1,748

Quote:
Is it just me, or does Dubai seem like a place that would be absolutely horrible to visit? No history, a lot of "luxury" stores you can find in any other major city in the world, buildings large and ugly for the sake of being large and ugly, and worst of all a massive population of immigrant laborers who do all the dirty work. That's my impression, if you live there tell me the good things about your city.

There is a lot of good stuff in Dubai. Traveling here is nice, and there are a lot of stuff to do. Check out the magazine Time Out Dubai, it shows Dubai's true tourism colors. And there is a benefit with immigrant laborers doing the constructional work. :)

It's really amazing, how in a short span of time, Dubai (and the UAE to be exact) became a popular destination for tourists and workers alike.

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #21 of 1,748

Quote:
Good to find people in Dubai. Recently moved to Dubai, but keep shuttling between Qatar and Dubai. Planning to buy good speakers in Dubai in the budget of 400$. Plan was to buy audio engine A5, but I think they are not available, right?

Do you suggest alternatives in that budget in Dubai?

Thanks

I dont think you'll find audio engine A5 in dubai, some good alternatives are the B&W mm-1 in istyle, focal xs in HI FI city & m-audio AV-40 in virgin.

I'm currently a trainee in istyle marina mall in abu dhabi, I'm really enjoying my time lol.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #22 of 1,748

Quote:

Check out HiFiCity in Dubai Mall, and DG+ in Times Square Center. They have really good home rigs there.

i was in Dubai couple weeks ago and i think it was hificity in Dubai Mall that i saw lots of denon headphones there.  i'm sure there were some d2000 there.  too bad the Virgin mega store was not opened. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #23 of 1,748

Quote:
It's hot and sandy. That's all I can say. You try to stay indoors as much as you can in the air conditioning, whichgives you an excuse to listen to ALOT of music :)

it was actually the humidity that i didn't expect.  i guess i did intent to stay indoors a little bit more during day time.  by the way, i love that big dish with a lamb(half?) and rice.  what's the name?

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #24 of 1,748

Quote:
it was actually the humidity that i didn't expect.  i guess i did intent to stay indoors a little bit more during day time.  by the way, i love that big dish with a lamb(half?) and rice.  what's the name?

Ahh yes. Actually, in the summer there's LOTS of humidity. Forgot to mention that.

I'm not too sure what dish you're talking about... Maybe lamb biryani? Was it a kind of curry thing?

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #26 of 1,748
Saw someone with a Sennheiser HD 215 (?) in Al Rigga Metro Station (exit elevator)..
If you're the guy with blonde-ish hair with two bags, the guy in front of you was me :p 

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #27 of 1,748
I was in Dubai Festival Centre yesterday, There is a shop called AUDIO LOUNGE near food court on the Second Floor. The store is inline with electronics shops like EROS, PANASONIC, TOSHIBA, GRAND STORES etc.

This AUDIO LOUNGE displays many Beyerdynamic and are available for auditions. My first time to get my hands/head on set of beyers. Items are a bit pricey. Below are items available as follows;

T50p - 1,335 AED
DT 660
DT 440
DT 990 32ohms - 1,600 AED
DT 770 32ohms - 1300 AED
DT 860 32ohms - 980 AED

These 6 cans are connected to motorola tablet (I think) then to a headphone amp below.

DT 880 32ohms - 1,600 AED (not available for audition)

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #28 of 1,748

I was there! I auditioned the T50p (in which I immediately returned after 30 minutes) and the DT990 (which I really liked). I was the guy in a white polo shirt, if you may have seen me.
And what time were you there?

It was connected to an Archos tablet > headphone out > LTO (?) Headphone Amp for studio use.

By the way, you can find Beyer products in Dubai for MUCH cheaper. Thomsun Electronics (near Fish Roundabout in Al Muteena) sells Beyer headphones. If I recall correctly, they sell the DT990 at 1300? Or was it 900? Not sure, but the DT770 / DT880 (Pro?) were about 675-800.
Quote:
I was in Dubai Festival Centre yesterday, There is a shop called AUDIO LOUNGE near food court on the Second Floor. The store is inline with electronics shops like EROS, PANASONIC, TOSHIBA, GRAND STORES etc.

This AUDIO LOUNGE displays many Beyerdynamic and are available for auditions. My first time to get my hands/head on set of beyers. Items are a bit pricey. Below are items available as follows;

T50p - 1,335 AED
DT 660
DT 440
DT 990 32ohms - 1,600 AED
DT 770 32ohms - 1300 AED
DT 860 32ohms - 980 AED

These 6 cans are connected to motorola tablet (I think) then to a headphone amp below.

DT 880 32ohms - 1,600 AED (not available for audition)

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #30 of 1,748
AVL Electronics used to sell the AKG K 141 Mk. II, but I bought the last pair. Harman/Kardon stores sell the mainstream AKG headphones. No K 701 / K 550 though.

I am selling my AKG K 141 Mk. II for AED 450, please tell me if you're interested, because I need the money.

Quote:
Anyone know where I can buy AKG headphones in Dubai?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back