Audiophiles in Dubai?
Jul 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,748

WoahReQQuiem

Not permitted to do trades.
Is anyone here living in Dubai, or at least planning to/are staying?

Would love to meet up. 

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 1,748
Its a good place, I recommend it to people with lots of money to spend on, besides audio gear. It has a great nightlife, especially for those 20-30 years of age.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 1,748
Quote:
I bet you can find some gold encrusted LCD-2 there right? lol

How I wish. xD

They don't offer much hi-fi in most malls, but Dubai Mall has some, including a store named HiFi City, which has two HUGE super-tower speakers (probably 10-12 feet), the Manley Stingray Tube amp, and a $27,000+ speaker system. Across that is a store that sells Denon and Marantz products. A store which I haven't located yet sells Schiit amps and higher end Sennheisers, and probably good speakers. Apart from those, I can't name anything else worth mentioning. 
Headphones in Dubai are so overpriced. The MTPC sells here for twice the price you can get them at Amazon ($216 vs $435..)

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #7 of 1,748
Good to find people in Dubai. Recently moved to Dubai, but keep shuttling between Qatar and Dubai. Planning to buy good speakers in Dubai in the budget of 400$. Plan was to buy audio engine A5, but I think they are not available, right?

Do you suggest alternatives in that budget in Dubai?

Thanks

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #9 of 1,748

Quote:
Good to find people in Dubai. Recently moved to Dubai, but keep shuttling between Qatar and Dubai. Planning to buy good speakers in Dubai in the budget of 400$. Plan was to buy audio engine A5, but I think they are not available, right?

Do you suggest alternatives in that budget in Dubai?

Thanks

Check out HiFiCity in Dubai Mall, and DG+ in Times Square Center. They have really good home rigs there.

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #11 of 1,748
What systems do they have there and how much?

Do they have desktop / portable headphone amplifiers? Do they have headphones / IEMs?

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 1,748
Checked out their site.
I could only imagine what kind of stuff they have. Would visit the shop, maybe next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back