Audiophile soundcard with full duplex capacity?
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FairyTales

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

I've been reading Head-Fi for a few weeks now, and did already broke my wallet once for an Audio Technica ATH A900
atsmile.gif

The problem i have is that i need a new sound card with the "What u hear" function to record video session with the voice part coming from Skype calls.

At the moment i have a M-audio 2496 that lacks this function, and my partner is having horrible echo when i use virtual audio cable to re-route the audio coming from my microphone (an usb logitech mic). When i'm not using virtual audio cable, the sound is crystal clear without any echo.

I also need to be able to plug in the audio coming from my xbox360 (i'm using rca on the m-audio but have an adapter with a micro jack if need be). So i probably need a line in for a non usb mic, and a line in for the xbox.

I'm listening exclusively with the headphone, 90% of music and 10% of vids and games.

I'm looking for a really good sound, making an improvment over the m audio would be a plus (i find it quite good, but i didn't have the opportunity to listen to some better equipment) , and i'm willing to spend around 250$ (200€).

To sum it up i'm looking for:
-Really good sound using only my headphone (A900)
-What u hear function
-Being able to plug in my xbox (1 line in for the xbox and 1 for the mic if i have to change it)
-around 250$

Thanks for you help
atsmile.gif

Arnaud

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 2

FairyTales

New Head-Fier
Ok, looks like i did find a workaround to record the skype calls by using an add-on software (prettymay).

The question is now more simple, would a card like a Claro or a D2x be a nice upgrade compared to my current m-audio 2496 sound wise with my ATH A900?

Would i be able to plug in my xbox360 into one of those cards?

Users who are viewing this thread