Audiophile Music Player
May 24, 2015 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

syabilng

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've tried Winamp, foobar2000, Jriver, MusicBee and other music players. As much love given to foobar, I just don't quite like how it looks and honestly to me (at least to my ears) I cannot hear any difference between foobar and MusicBee. I like how MusicBee looks. Today I found out about this player called Tomahawk. Sounds good, looks clean and simple. To people like me who do not want to customize like crazy, I think it's a pretty decent player to have. Not sure about the sound quality, though as I haven't tried listening to it much. Still looking for a good player. What do you look for in a good player? What makes a good player?

Anyone tried this? What do you think?

Cheers.

May 24, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 7
I use Foobar, it plays anything thrown at it, the choice of plug in components make it very versatile,
it sounds better than WMP. so I am happy, but I don't really care what it looks like.

May 24, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 7
I use Jriver. I don't know, it's probably placebo because the interface is so nice and elegant and the use experience is excellent, but to me it sounds better than Foobar. I know they should sound the same, and they probably do sound the same, but I just prefer to use it because I just seem to enjoy music more trough it. Oh, and it's an all in all great multimedia program, excellent for movies, pictures, etc.

May 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 7
Computer music players all sound the same. Foobar even states this in there facts. Its all about the interface. You can make them sound different but all things being = they sound the same.

May 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the reply, kind people.

For me, I really do care on how the player looks. Foobar does sound good and it's versatile but the appearance, look and feel of the generic window panes of C language are not to my liking. Unless there is a huge different in sound quality compared to other players, then I'd ditch appearances anytime.

Did some more research yesterday and came across other players I haven't heard of, like Fidelia, Audirvana 2.0 and also Tomahawk. Tomahawk is more clean and more end-user friendly, I suppose. For those audiophiles who just like to listen to good music with no tweaking here and there.

For now, I'm sticking to MusicBee with ASIO. JRiver is not worth the purchase to me because I don't utilize video playback and all the other stuff but just music.

May 24, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Why don't you just skin Foobar2000

Here's mine .....

Plenty of themes and set-ups in this thread.  Might give you some ideas - http://www.head-fi.org/t/450700/foobar-2000-screenshot-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back