Audiophile iOS audio player
Jul 15, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #782 of 855
Hi - sorry to resurrect this thread, but am looking for suggestions.

My new car doesn't have an aux input - I'm used to using a DAP running rockbox for music playback. However, the new one streams music from my iphone fine, and that seems to be the best solution for me.

I'm trying to find a player app that has one basic thing, and not finding it - folder view, where the contents of each folder are arranged by file name. All of the ones I've tried with folder view seem to do some weird re-arranging of the order of the files contained within. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #783 of 855
Hi - sorry to resurrect this thread, but am looking for suggestions.

My new car doesn't have an aux input - I'm used to using a DAP running rockbox for music playback. However, the new one streams music from my iphone fine, and that seems to be the best solution for me.

I'm trying to find a player app that has one basic thing, and not finding it - folder view, where the contents of each folder are arranged by file name. All of the ones I've tried with folder view seem to do some weird re-arranging of the order of the files contained within. Any ideas?

Neutron

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #784 of 855
Thanks - that one does work! I also found another app, called Golden Ear, that seems to have a correct folder view. I'm trying them both currently. Neutron has a relatively busy UI, and lots of bells and whistles. Golden Ear is really stripped down and basic. I'm not sure which approach I prefer right away.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #788 of 855
Guys, Im looking for a player to use on my iPad mostly where I can play from a NAS / Share DSD tracks and output them using DOP.
Is Neutron the only choice to do this?

Besides, if you would have to pick a 2nd choice, which would this be? Kaisertone?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #791 of 855
I've tried most players mentioned here, was looking for an option to keep my local library since I don't want to mix my music with Apple Music and I don't want it uploaded to their cloud. Eventually I chose jetAudio, I really like the interface, and the good thing is it's free, with some in-app purchases options if you want any of those.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #792 of 855
I've tried most players mentioned here, was looking for an option to keep my local library since I don't want to mix my music with Apple Music and I don't want it uploaded to their cloud. Eventually I chose jetAudio, I really like the interface, and the good thing is it's free, with some in-app purchases options if you want any of those.

Pretty nice interface, but like a said, I need to play from a DLNA source.
Thank you !

EDIT: Ironically I just tried 8player, it seems to do everything I was looking for: iPad / iPhone support in landscape mode, DLNA/uPNP/CIFS/Samba shares. Interface its rather basic but in seems to output in native format, DoP included.

Could someone with more background confirm or try this to judge the quality?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #793 of 855
Hey did anybody try out μRa HiRes Audio Player by the same developers of Kaisertone?

https://www.cyberfort.jp/for-iPhone/jp/myura.html

It seems this is all of Kaisertone + support for Spotify premium which is nice for folks using that.

So I just gave this a go last night- it is now called MyuRa. I am very impressed thus far.

This thread has intrigued me as to perceived sonic differences between iOS music apps. I've been limited in that my iPhone 6S is only 16gb so a couple years ago I had tried Hiby streaming my music collection from the cloud and ultimately settled on Cloudbeats to stream my collection. Cloudbeats was the most polished interface, but from what I remember, Hiby sounded better.

I gave MyuRa a try mostly interested in Spotify playback. I connected my HifimeDIY 9018 and turned off all EQ and processing and really like the sound. I very briefly attempted to compare a couple tracks, one in Spotify and one in Cloudbeats to MyuRa and I think I noticed some differences. It was difficult to match volume. MyuRa however seemed to take the harshness/noise(??) out of the treble and some vocals. I'm not sure if what I was hearing was a potentially quieter background and better treble, but that's what it seemed.

Are the changes being heard among the apps in this thread a result of audio being resampled (or not resampled??) differently by iOS for system sounds before being sent to the DAC? Either way, I am very impressed by MyuRa and presume since it seems to be Kaisertone with Spotify that others with Kaisertone have perceived similar?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #794 of 855
I have iAudioGate but when I backup my iPhone by iTunes, it also backs up all the huge lossless music files inside iAudioGate. So the itunes image backup becomes huge.

Anyone knows any other iOS audiophile player that does not backup the music inside it with iTunes?

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #795 of 855
Hi!

I'm thinking of doing a switch from android to iphone, but for doing so, I need to make sure I can find a good player for my flac collection. I don't really need much, but is there one that will implement it's own storage folder (so I can transfer music without using itunes), that will download artist and covers from the internet, and has a nice/uncluttered UI (i.e I dont need any soundcloud/or cloud stuff in general, just local files).

Edit: For example, I use and like Blackplayer ex in android (so looking for something similar).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back