Audiophile iOS audio player
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #812 of 840

eXtremeSG

New Head-Fier
Sorry to drag up an old thread, ... but I'm looking for a ios player that can handle grabbing files from a NAS, so I don't need to load all the songs onto my iPhone. So far, I've only found Flacbox, but it doesn't show bitrate info whilst playing, so I've no idea if it's converting it, or downsampling it.

Any suggestions?

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #814 of 840

creamer

New Head-Fier
Sorry to drag up an old thread, ... but I'm looking for a ios player that can handle grabbing files from a NAS, so I don't need to load all the songs onto my iPhone. So far, I've only found Flacbox, but it doesn't show bitrate info whilst playing, so I've no idea if it's converting it, or downsampling it.

Any suggestions?
KaiserTone. From what I purchased, KaiserTone turned out to be the best in terms of sound and convenience.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #815 of 840

eXtremeSG

New Head-Fier
KaiserTone. From what I purchased, KaiserTone turned out to be the best in terms of sound and convenience.
Can it play from NAS music source? I tested free version, but I couldn't see any options for NAS, only to sideload files via airdop etc.

There are a LOT of options though, so it's quite possible I missed it.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #817 of 840

thefallenangelx

100+ Head-Fier
I am using Doppi for normal usage without EQ. It’s visually gorgeous and blazing fast.
For basic equalizing I use HS player, still ok visually and with a 10band ed and presets.

now, if I’d like to go advanced with EQ and sound quality which one you suggest: Kaisertone or Neutron?
Do they have beside the band we, also Spline and Parametric EQ?

thanks

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #818 of 840

NewEve

1000+ Head-Fier
Convinced by VOX Music Player.
Gorgeous, Spotify integration and free…
Can't ask for more and couldn't care less if it converts DSD files in PCM.
I also never use EQs.

Highly recommended as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #819 of 840

thefallenangelx

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone with Kaisertone and Neutron, can please report of any difference in stock sound (I guess not).
Does Kaisertone Hase the Parametric EQ as Neutron has?
User interface of Kaisertone looks smoother than neutron, so if both have Parametric EQ, I’ll divert to Kaisertone instead.

thanks!

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #820 of 840

smaragd

500+ Head-Fier
+1 for KaiserTone... more neutral sound than Neutron which tents to have too much ringing in the higher octaves. UI for KaiserTone is indeed smoother. I tried Vox but then they started charging extra just to use EQ after using for several months... well..... back to KaiserTone.

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #821 of 840

thefallenangelx

100+ Head-Fier
+1 for KaiserTone... more neutral sound than Neutron which tents to have too much ringing in the higher octaves. UI for KaiserTone is indeed smoother. I tried Vox but then they started charging extra just to use EQ after using for several months... well..... back to KaiserTone.
Does kaisertone has parametric EQ?

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #822 of 840

smaragd

500+ Head-Fier
If you checked the iOS link for KaiserTone you would have noticed mention of the parametric EQ on photo 4 and 7...
Short answer yes.

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #823 of 840

thefallenangelx

100+ Head-Fier
If you checked the iOS link for KaiserTone you would have noticed mention of the parametric EQ on photo 4 and 7...
Short answer yes.
Well, it has up to 30 band we, but the frequency are fixed.
On spline I think I can modify any frequency I want.
But what about changing Q, gain and BW for any frequency?
Is also the processing of Kaisertone a 64bit?

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #824 of 840

crashnburn

New Head-Fier
PS: FLAC or High Q Audio is not a contraint here.. But usability with bunch of different File Sources.

PPS: Is there another place also where you recommend I ask this?

I have a bunch of Folder Structures and AUDIO files stored in: (not just Music) -
- DropBox (Best due to LAN Sync)
(& other Clouds i.e. OneDrive, GDrive, pCloud) on Win PC
(Tier 1 - Must always have & update these folders - My Yoga, Meditation and other daily use stuff)

- SMB Share on Ext HDD connected via Win PC (Tier 2 - Some Audio LEARNING courses/ programs (Language Learning etc) on there)

- NAS (Occasional access for specifics that may not be on Spotify - my "infrequent use" Collections)

PS: Long back someone said JRiver was the best Organize between lot of such sources. Is it still No.1 on these forums?

Depending on Tier of "audio"s defined above,

Using iOS iPhone local storage (common or within App)...
- Being able to SYNC pull in specific folders? (better) or
- Download specified Folder structures -
(From these 3 sources would be a required)
- or maybe even Drag Drop (folders) them from Win PC to iPhone (somehow)

Now for the Audio Language Learning stuff..
- Being able to create.. proper playlists & play them
- Maybe hold/ remember positions of play or.. be easily able to pull back or move forward be nice..

PS: What I found was more than just a Draggable Button on the BAR... (kinda common - even in Spotify)
A mini visual of waveform, helps one visually "cue in" fwd or back ...better (kinda what SoundCloud looks like)

So, any thoughts for iPhone App with these? (Ideally FREE/ Gratis.. or Paid Pro - but tryable free.. but NO Subscription Leeching for every tier)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread