Audiophile crossfeed?
May 6, 2002 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Matt

Are there any women on this board?
I am curious to know if there exists a crossfeed filter module that meets the following criteria:

1. It has standardly-spaced *male* RCA plugs (so I can plug it into the back of my source w/o having to buy another pair of IC's

2. It has a nice, natural, subtle crossfeed

3. It doesn't divorce the sound from the audiophile realm

Anyone have any idea if that exists?

Best,
Matt

May 6, 2002 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 6
you've only got two choices matt: headroom and meier audio. do you want it seperate from an amp? in that case, you've got one choice: headroom Static.

May 7, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Good advice, Eric, but now we have to hash out which DIY crossfeed designs are "audiophile".
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 6
I have seen and used a few crossfeeds in my ancient times.
In the era before good headphones (then just Superex, and Koss Pro 4a), there were some nice Toshibas that had a crossfeed switch built into the headphones. Just switched in some small caps to couple channels. Did work, to my tattered memory.

But one I used is cheap and easy. Now this is ancient history, so it is riddled with superstition......

I made a short plug/cable, with male and female stereo headphone connections. And in the COMMON line, I put a 100 ohm resistor. It worked. Not much sound corruption in a good resistor.

I am guessing at the value of resistor. You can change it to your taste. But anything else besides the resistor will change sound quality.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back