Audiophile (and other Delta card) owners, can you get ASIO to work correctly?
Jun 2, 2004 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Patrickhat2001

1000+ Head-Fier
This thread is an offshoot from Jasper's original thread concerning problems with using the ASIO plugin for Foobar/Winamp on his Audiophile USB. Although he was eventually able to get ASIO to work by changing the output to 24/44.1 I have never been able to get it to work correctly with my Audiophile 24/96. ASIO will work on my card but always causes a twenty second pause when I try to switch songs. No matter what I do this always happens. I emailed M-Audio for help and they said that Delta family of cards (of which the Audiophile line are part) are, of course, geared to work with ASIO within recording software but it was not especially tuned to work with ASIO plugins for media players like Foobar and Winamp--and, actually, he didn't even know that such plugins exist.

So, anyway, I'm wondering have any other owners of Audiophile and other Delta family cards been able to get the ASIO plugin to work correctly (i.e. without pauses or having to disable upsampling) within Foobar or Winamp?

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 8
I have never had an ASIO problem with my AUdiophile 24/96 or USB version (when I had it).

This is a strange problem you guys have. it's time to format?
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I have never had an ASIO problem with my AUdiophile 24/96 or USB version (when I had it).

This is a strange problem you guys have. it's time to format?
tongue.gif

Do you know which version of the Audiophile USB driver you were using? I'm having these problems too, and thought it might be an issue with the newer versions of the driver. I can download an older one from m-audio's site, but don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 8
sporky, I returned the AP USB and I think I owned it like around Jan-Feb of this year. The driver I used was the latest one I used then.

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 8
I am using WinXP. I'm not sure what the cause of this problem is. It could be some hardware issue of some type.

Jun 7, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I am using WinXP. I'm not sure what the cause of this problem is. It could be some hardware issue of some type.

Yeah, it could have something to do with our mother boards and/or processors. Just out of curiosity, what type of processor do you have? I'm using a pentium 4 at 1.7GHz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back