AudioMinor cable issues (split from High-end cable thread)
Aug 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 30
Various people reported posts here, so I decided to investigate what was going on. I wont go into full detail of everything I did or discovered, but here are the main points:

I asked compicat for the manufacturer of the wire he uses for the Celestine cable, which his site describes as "Highest purity, 4 strands of 25.5AWG, Triple cryoed 7N, Silver & Gold(up to %4), Litz with PE insulation.". I contacted that manufacturer who verified that he'd never done business with him.

The actual supplier of the cable contacted us after seeing this thread and verified that the cable he had supplied him in very considerable quantity, the close-up of which is clearly visible in the posts above, and which is very visibly different from alternative silver or silver/gold cables, is silver-plated copper.  That company has never supplied him with silver or silver/gold wire. I cannot find anywhere where compicat has sold a cable described as being made from silver plated copper (SPC).

Thanks for checking up on this.
So far, looks like you were right Weong!
Still, should have provided more evidence... But the end result is the same thanks to Curra's snooping.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #17 of 30

Currawong's post wasnt a particularly long or hard read to necessitate a tl;dr tho...

But in a nutshell, someone's gonna get a hurt real bad, and if what Currawong's contacts says are true,I feel really sorry for anybody who has an Audiominor cable, or any companies carrying their brand. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 30
Just my two cents..and as a novice hobbyist just getting into cables this is very concerning. Absolutely no intention of starting any kind of forum war.
Why would compicat give a supplier contact he has never done business with. Proper clarification and evidence from the manufacturer that contacted upon seeing the thread would be helpful.
Please give audiominor the opportunity to clarify.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 30
Currawong's post wasnt a particularly long or hard read to necessitate a tl;dr tho...

But in a nutshell, someone's gonna get a hurt real bad, and if what Currawong's contacts says are true,I feel really sorry for anybody who has an Audiominor cable, or any companies carrying their brand. 

Thanks for the info. That clears a lot of stuff up. I subbed to this thread in the middle of the ourcry, so my bad.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #21 of 30
@spw1880 As it would involve breaking confidences, the matter wont be discussed further here. At some point I might move the whole thing to a separate thread.

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #22 of 30
@spw1880
 As it would involve breaking confidences, the matter wont be discussed further here. At some point I might move the whole thing to a separate thread.

Thank you very much!

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #23 of 30
I agree that if currawong's finding turn out to be true. It would be a huge blow to all audiominor customers and could even negatively impact the image of aftermarket cables in general. We as But before jumping to conclusions let all parties involved clarify.

I am immensely grateful to Mr Currawong. Having to contact the cable industry's main manufacturers and ask for details on transactions with any "boutique" or "third party" cable company, is probably neither a pleasant or ordinary task.

I would like to see additional clarification so that the facts can be laid out in the open, so to speak, but I suspect this matter has already developed to the point of legal ramifications, again hardly a pleasant development for all stakeholders involved.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #24 of 30
@Currawong what exemplary administrating done by you sir, swift investigation and firm response.
What is saddening is that members of our "community" was quick to in essence side with the cable company and antagonise a member who is not fully confident in his english instead of taking a level headed and pragmatic approach to the allegation. Sigh..

I guess the next step for people who did purchase an audiominor product would be to reproduce what weongtan has done by cutting into their cable to expose the copper and demand for a full refund as the item is not as described.

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #26 of 30
@Currawong what exemplary administrating done by you sir, swift investigation and firm response.
What is saddening is that members of our "community" was quick to in essence side with the cable company and antagonise a member who is not fully confident in his english instead of taking a level headed and pragmatic approach to the allegation. Sigh..

I guess the next step for people who did purchase an audiominor product would be to reproduce what weongtan has done by cutting into their cable to expose the copper and demand for a full refund as the item is not as described.

What a very insightful post. Yes, next time we should immediately burn a manufacturer to the ground, without any evidence. Doesn't matter that we might be ruining somebody's livelihood. That sounds like an awesome idea. I think asking for some very basic evidence is an extremely pragmatic approach, given that the accuser has nothing to lose, and the manufacturer everything. Currawong provided some evidence, not Weong Tan. The valid argument then was that it could have been any cable. 

So I don't really understand what you're contributing to the discussion at this point. I didn't see you sticking up for him during the discussion. Saddening to see random members coming here to point fingers at other members after the fact. SIGH..

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #27 of 30
so was the Turkish cable maker banned from here because of this allegation ?

and are the proofs of 'fraud' so strong to condemn this craftsman beyond any doubt  ?

just asking

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #28 of 30
  so was the Turkish cable maker banned from here because of this allegation ?

and are the proofs of 'fraud' so strong to condemn this craftsman beyond any doubt  ?

just asking

Yes and yes. And once again, I'm not going to go into the details on a public forum beyond what I've already posted.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #29 of 30
Dear all, It has been a long time since this thread started. There was an issue related with audiominor in local Turkish hifi forum. After long conversations over there, somebody mentioned this thread. I have numbers of audiominor cables and I wanted to clarify this case in scientific manner. We have electron microsope ( SEM) with EDS ( Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy) in company and we use it for our R&D studies. I used one of my Celestine cable for investigation. I bought this cable from Bogac directly and I made to payment to his personal bank account. I gave these details just because in the very beginning of this thread, Bogac was asking the source and seller of product. he was claiming that it's not audiominor cable. After, we cut Celestine Silver & Gold cable. (Silver & Gold terms belong audiominor and I gave a small proof from their instagram account. )
IMG_5039.png

We use section of cable from imaging on SEM and EDS analysis. I'm enclosing the steps that we've followed below. After EDS analysis, it's clearly observed that, the core material of cable is Copper. I have no idea how pure but unfortunately, it's certain that, it's not silver-gold cable as advertised. There is quite thin silver layer on coating of cable which is just for to give silver color in my opinion. It doesn't contain gold as promoted as well.
This study shows, the decision of Head-Fi management was right in the past about him and his cables. Moreover, I'll keep the cable for the ones, who want to have and make their own investigation. I hope, we'll not have such bad experience in the future. I wrote this post just the inform to others against people like this. Please be aware what you're buying and who you're buying from.

Ekran Resmi 2020-07-02 09.23.05.png
Ekran Resmi 2020-07-02 09.23.16.png
Ekran Resmi 2020-07-02 09.17.33.png
Ekran Resmi 2020-07-02 18.27.27.png

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #30 of 30
What's surprising to me is the total silence of Boğaç Tekman (Audiominor) about this issue. He clearly reads the threads and not a single word about the issue. No acknowledgement, no apology, nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back