Audiolab M-DAC vs. TEAC UD-501?
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone ever put these two in a head-to-head. Priced similarly. The TEAC has DSD of course.

Thoughts?

And what happens to the same picture if we throw in the Arcam irDAC?

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 6
i have not but i can say the teac ud-501 sounds great ! ive had it a few days now and im sure once ive got enough hours into it it will sound even better. the build quality is top notch. so far im very happy with it. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 6
  i have not but i can say the teac ud-501 sounds great ! ive had it a few days now and im sure once ive got enough hours into it it will sound even better. the build quality is top notch. so far im very happy with it. 

Yes, I agree. The Teac is a great sounding piece of kit. I am using it balanced XLR to a pair of Questyle CMA800R Headphone amplifiers. I think it needs a lot of running time to fully burn in, but is definitely worth the wait!

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm very interested in both of these, namely because they have at least four switchable digital inputs; 2x toslink & 2x coax. The TEAC UD-501 is newer and seems more "future-proof" spec-wise. Unfortunately i haven't yet listened to either of them.
I also found the Rotel RDD-1580 that is similarly priced and has 4 inputs.
And as the OP mentionned, the Arcam irDAC...
Is there any other model (with 4 inputs in the 800$ range) that we can compare them to ?

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Both models are of interest to me. 
Which of the two has better quality sound through USB? 
DSD and 192khz do not matter to me, in this moment I use only unbalance connection with amp.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back