Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #121 of 160
Here it is, their response about that, they are trying to use different region situation on me. I easily can say that they really don't care my issue. I would be living different country at the moment.

"Thank you for completing the warranty form online. We are sorry you are having issues with your headphones. 

The description of the problem is not something we have had reports of and is not included in our manufacturing issues for this model. 

Unfortunately, we do not have a service centre or a distribution partner near Turkey for further assesment. For this reason we do not sell into Turkey or other regions where after sales service is difficult for us to manage effectively."

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #122 of 160
Here it is, their response about that, they are trying to use different region situation on me. I easily can say that they really don't care my issue. I would be living different country at the moment.

[COLOR=222222]"Thank you for completing the warranty form online. We are sorry you are having issues with your headphones. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]The description of the problem is not something we have had reports of and is not included in our manufacturing issues for this model. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Unfortunately, we do not have a service centre or a distribution partner near Turkey for further assesment. For this reason we do not sell into Turkey or other regions where after sales service is difficult for us to manage effectively."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR]

Too bad for you, that really sucks. Apparently Audiofly have some serious quality issues across their headphone lineup most of their demos at my local headphone store have cable problems. The irony is that their Perth boutique is just a few minutes away from my local headphone store yet their name is being tarnished locally. I didn't bother getting myself a pair since I saw their terrible build quality. And also their pricing is kinda messed up, I mean I can get a pair of AF180 from an authorised online reseller for half of the price, what?!

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #123 of 160
Too bad for you, that really sucks. Apparently Audiofly have some serious quality issues across their headphone lineup most of their demos at my local headphone store have cable problems. The irony is that their Perth boutique is just a few minutes away from my local headphone store yet their name is being tarnished locally. I didn't bother getting myself a pair since I saw their terrible build quality. And also their pricing is kinda messed up, I mean I can get a pair of AF180 from an authorised online reseller for half of the price, what?!

I feel I have to chime in here, since this is turning into, what seems to me, bashing a company without their representation. A cracked housing would be a tough warranty claim, I think, because it could easily be caused by the user. That might not be the case here, and since Audiofly didn't address it in their response, I felt it wasn't necessary to comment.

However, if you're talking about headphones having damaged cables that are being used at a headphone shop? That has absolutely no indication of the durability of a product whatsoever. Having worked retail, I can assure you that the level of abuse that any display item is exposed to could potentially cause failure in any product on the market. It is totally unfair to judge a product this way. I've had a pair of AF56 for a number of years, and although I've never abused them, they still work perfectly.

As for being able to get a set of cans from an "authorized online re-seller" (or at least that is the claim of the company) I can tell you from dealing with smaller authorized retailers that the discounts given for many products are in fact unauthorized. The little guys get penalized for this, jeopardizing their authorized retailer status, where the bigger companies don't seem to have this problem (whether they pay fines instead or whatever, they are able to do it). All audio products have a huge mark up, Audiofly is no better or worse than any other company in that regard. Whether you think it's worth it or not is fine and valid, but I find your reasoning to be a bit shaky.

I'm not trying to attack, I just don't feel comfortable with bashing a company because the display model in a store is faulty.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #124 of 160
I feel I have to chime in here, since this is turning into, what seems to me, bashing a company without their representation. A cracked housing would be a tough warranty claim, I think, because it could easily be caused by the user. That might not be the case here, and since Audiofly didn't address it in their response, I felt it wasn't necessary to comment.

However, if you're talking about headphones having damaged cables that are being used at a headphone shop? That has absolutely no indication of the durability of a product whatsoever. Having worked retail, I can assure you that the level of abuse that any display item is exposed to could potentially cause failure in any product on the market. It is totally unfair to judge a product this way. I've had a pair of AF56 for a number of years, and although I've never abused them, they still work perfectly.

As for being able to get a set of cans from an "authorized online re-seller" (or at least that is the claim of the company) I can tell you from dealing with smaller authorized retailers that the discounts given for many products are in fact unauthorized. The little guys get penalized for this, jeopardizing their authorized retailer status, where the bigger companies don't seem to have this problem (whether they pay fines instead or whatever, they are able to do it). All audio products have a huge mark up, Audiofly is no better or worse than any other company in that regard. Whether you think it's worth it or not is fine and valid, but I find your reasoning to be a bit shaky.

I'm not trying to attack, I just don't feel comfortable with bashing a company because the display model in a store is faulty.
To be honest I didn't intended to bash the brand because I was in fact shocked and very excited when I found out they are just a few minutes from me. I was about to get a pair of their IEM but it ended up in a big disappointment. I dont know about you but as far as I can tell their build quality and design could be better specially for the price they are asking. And also to be fair the owner of the shop is quite "nosy" in a good way and the place is small so I dont think there were some abuse went on there. Plus, the rest of their demos are still in a very good shape.

And the last time I checked Audiofly's prices are still very steep even if it's already been a few years old and other local(online) store from other states are offering very low prices. I'd rather have some cash left in my pocket than pay full price, its just how life goes heck I would even choose grays.

I'd love to love the brand as a local but the truth hurts and I'm saddened that they fail to impress me.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #125 of 160
To be honest I didn't intended to bash the brand because I was in fact shocked and very excited when I found out they are just a few minutes from me. I was about to get a pair of their IEM but it ended up in a big disappointment. I dont know about you but as far as I can tell their build quality and design could be better specially for the price they are asking. And also to be fair the owner of the shop is quite "nosy" in a good way and the place is small so I dont think there were some abuse went on there. Plus, the rest of their demos are still in a very good shape.

And the last time I checked Audiofly's prices are still very steep even if it's already been a few years old and other local(online) store from other states are offering very low prices. I'd rather have some cash left in my pocket than pay full price, its just how life goes heck I would even choose grays.

I'd love to love the brand as a local but the truth hurts and I'm saddened that they fail to impress me.

Thanks for clarifying that. It's a bummer you're disappointed. I stand by not judging a company by demos in a retail environment, no matter how attentive, or the condition of the other headphones,but that is what it is. Again, My AF 58 is still going strong. You are totally entitled to not thinking they have a good "bang for the buck"...that is the world of commerce in a nutshell. I better understand your disappointment now.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #126 of 160
I've used and abused Audiofly gear for years now and all three of my AF headphones still function flawlessly. The only wear is some slight thread loosening from the cable sheath, where the connectors are.

My AF240's are my go-to portable headphone and I carry them without the canvas bag much of the time. There's no real wear to be seen.

I've modified my AF180's and they hold up just as well as when I opened them.

All of my dealings with the company have been positive. The only thing I could say negatively about them, in general, is that they've kept me waiting on their full-size headphones longer than I'd like, but that's more about my lack of patience.

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #127 of 160
Late to the party on these but am seriously impressed; especially given the deal I got on them via Amazon Warehouse.

One question though; anyone know the brand of or compatible triple flange tips?

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #128 of 160
It's a standard size stem. I swapped in Shure tips for a while, when I had those IEMs.

The barb on the Audiofly's stem never caused a problem, but I settled on Comply tips pretty quick and stuck with them most of the time.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #129 of 160
It's a standard size stem. I swapped in Shure tips for a while, when I had those IEMs.

The barb on the Audiofly's stem never caused a problem, but I settled on Comply tips pretty quick and stuck with them most of the time.

Thanks for that

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #130 of 160
Any word on the new AF100? It's a dynamic driver but with the same form factor. I didn't know where else to post this, I couldn't find impressions of them anywhere. Might pick them up soon since they're just under $100. I haven't heard the AF180 for comparison though unfortunately.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #132 of 160
I am coming for the Earsonics SM64 would this be considered a side grade? and has anyone given a listen to the AUDIOFLY AF1120 6 ba driver IEM because I have not been able to find out a whole lot about them.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #133 of 160
No one has tried or demoed the af1120... I Might just order it from a place that does returns and that way can get some info on it

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #135 of 160
SO I know this is for the Audiofly AF180 impressions, reviews, questions, and discussions, But I just wanted to say I received and plugged the Audiofly AF1120, their new flagship with 6BA drivers, into my Audio GD NFB 28 Desktop dac and amp... Just started listening so very early impressions, but Emiliana Torrini voice and instrumental que and 3d stage were fantastic. and just played rushes tom sawyer and had the biggest smirk on my face, definitely the most clarity I have heard from an IEM. Very balanced it seems

Only thing I can see is lighter bass. but tighter, quicker, punch to it.  Seems to very accurate as far as flatter response, but with this clarity and resolution are awesome thus far I hope that it keeps impressing me since I took a big gamble on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back