Audioengine N22 Desktop Integrated Amp and Headphone Amp
Oct 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 10
Just got this amp to drive a Stax SR-34 that I've had since college, but has been sitting unused in a closet for the last 15 years.  Using it to listen to chamber music on an iPod in an office setting, and couldn't be happier.  Perfect size and power, and aesthetically a nice match with the Stax adapter.  Laid back sound, but feels great to put the old gear back to use.  Almost forgot how much I enjoyed these phones.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 10
I've been using the N-22 amp for almost a year now and it has been a very solid performer.  The amplifier is very solid.  It runs cools and drives my P-4 speakers to levels that can drive the family nuts.  The headphone amp is also good.  It pairs nicely with my Audio Technica ATH AD700s; it does a good job (but not quite as good) with my Beyer DT 880 (250 ohm) cans.  All in all I've been really pleased with this set-up.

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 10
I would love to know how these would fare with the planars off the speaker taps. Also, do these accept banana plugs?

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 10
Know a guy who has these. Drive the P4s very well (they should). Sounded a bit better than my Audioengine A2s. I also wonder how the headphone amp is, the headphone amp on the D1 is really good, drives my HD600s almost as well as my Asgard 2

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 10

Did you find out how this drives planars? Does it have shared ground?

Never ended up trying it, but it does have shared ground. Emotiva Mini-x was a better option still.

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back