Audioengine D1 DAC/amp pops and clicks during playback
Sep 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Timsonchin

New Head-Fier
Hello

I have recently gotten interested in improving my audio setup. I didn't want to spend too much money on it so an AudioEngine D1 DAC/amp looked like a good start, or so I've heard and read online. I now noticed that this device causes music to pop and click during playback. Further so, I found that the popping and clicking increases when I'm downloading, however strange that may be. From the moment I disable the internet connection the popping and clicking completely stops and I can enjoy my music.

Popping and clicking is mentioned in the FAQ of this device on the Audioengine website. Its relation to down/uploading is not mentioned there. Is this a problem common to cheaper DAC/amp's or is it specifically a problem with the D1? And how come it is related to downloading? I am currently using Foobar2000 for playback but it's not any different when using iTunes. I'm playing music from a laptop with windows 7.

Is there any way to prevent this problem other than not using internet?

Thank you.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 2
are you using the WASAPI driver in Foobar?
set your buffer to 50 or as low as it will go

then change the priority of the Foobar.exe to "high" via Task Manager

every time I've heard this issue with the D1 it's down to a processor not being quick enough,

worth trying anyway, worked for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back