Audioengine A5+ or KRK Rokit 6
Apr 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

reachpattabi

New Head-Fier
HI ppl,

I've recently setup a very high end PC. I've got Asus Xonar essence STX sound card. The speaker part alone is pending. I've narrowed my choices to the following.

1. Audioengine A5+ speakers (or)

2. KRK Rokit 6 Studio monitors

I do not want a Hi-Fi(amp + speakers) setup as i've already got one in my living room..... Also, I do not wanna go for some other brands, such as swans, M-Audio etc....

The price of KRK Rokit 6 is approximately 160$ higher than Audioengine A5+ in my country.... 

I'm not a music composer.... I'm just a music listener who expects a very high quality sound output from the speakers......

So,of the two speaker models mentioned above, which one would be the best?

Also, is the KRK Rokit 6 worth the extra 160 USD?

please help......
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 6
I have the Audioengine A5+ and I love them.  I haven't listened to the KRK monitors in years.  I had a pair in 2006 and that time most consumer sound cards were ****.  So I couldn't take advantage of their potential and ended up selling them.  But now you have so many choices and KRK probably have gone through upgrades as well.

You might want to check out these too:  http://www.emotivapro.com/products/airmotiv-5-pair

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 6
So,of the two speaker models mentioned above, which one would be the best?

Also, is the KRK Rokit 6 worth the extra 160 USD?

Only you can decide that. Individual listening preferences are likely to be more of a factor than what anyone says when it comes to those two speakers.

And I would 2nd the recommendation to also look at the Airmotivs.

BTW: Do you have a Guitar Center nearby? They will likely have many powered speakers setup for demo. It's not the optimum situation for listening to them, but it can give you a general idea of which ones you feel you like better among the ones that they have for the price.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 6
Not that it is an issue, but why just those brands? Many companies make exceptional speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back