Audiocubes got the ATH-A1000 in stock today and will be shipping soon
Nov 21, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 10
What you (or Audiocubes) mean is that their Japanese guy can get hold of them now
biggrin.gif

Mine should be shipped tomorrow with luck

Nov 21, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
there are waaay too many at1000/w1000 threads. almost as much as the $120 senn hd580...

Not to worry, wallijonn........................this too shall pass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 10
bangraman
HI: If you get your ATH-A1000 before me let us know what you think of them especially compared to the A100ti. I am expecting more bass and a little bigger ear cup and better driver angle and dads.

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 10
Heck, I'm excited and I don't even have a need for a pair! I think it's great that there's a new "hi-end" can on the market, especially one as promising as the w1000. The more the merrier, hype or no. Yes, these things come and go like fads here, but that's OK. If nothing else, it will provide us with endless fodder for discussion/debate, and that's always fun.

Congrats to the brave souls that have bought sound unheard. Can't wait for the reviews! Be sure to list the sources/amps you're using as well as your current "reference" phone. Rock on!

Mark

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Everytime I read a post about the new phones I think to my self "It must have been a few days by now!" So I look exitedly at my watch to see how many and am reminded that it's only been one since the last time. It apears the passage of time is inversly proportionate to the hype surrounding the new AT cans. Oh well. The reviews will come when they come I supose.

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 10
lou,
Quote:

bangraman
HI: If you get your ATH-A1000 before me let us know what you think of them especially compared to the A100ti. I am expecting more bass and a little bigger ear cup and better driver angle and dads.

I send him an pm regarding the A100ti VS A900 and here what he has to say about them:

Re: Impression on your At cans.
Tweaking the EQ seems to reveal a more powerful bass in the A900. But I didn't notice it at first using the 'audiophile or bust' non-tone control equipped HP amp
Apart from that the differences are minor I'd say. You get the same very clean but not shrill sound.
I think that people here get a bit involved in ABing and forget that there are people like me who don't bother.
I've had lots of questions about is the HD600 different to A100Ti, W100, etc (as well as MDR-7509 vs 7506) but honestly I can't give any of you an answer. All I can say for example is I like the W100, I like the A100Ti, I like the A900 and I'm less keen on the HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back