Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page
Jun 9, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #18 of 393
Must say that I'd love to give these a listen; sounds right up my alley.  Would be great if a loaner tour could be arranged (similar to the Oppo tours).

Will definitely do the loaner after demand for reviewers is fulfilled. We are small operation and taking each unit up to our standards takes quite a bit of time :wink:.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #20 of 393
Just FYI people, non-sponsors can't do loaner tours on Head-Fi. Promotional activities such as those are reserved for sponsors.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #22 of 393
  Is there a possibility for upgrading/modding for existing PM-2 owners?

I think its possible, but you have to ask Alex, there are some PM-2s that won't cut it.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #23 of 393
Any plans for the PMx3 mod?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry but the answer would be no at this point. Too busy with PM-2s :wink:.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #24 of 393

Is there a possibility for upgrading/modding for existing PM-2 owners?

Quote:
  I think its possible, but you have to ask Alex, there are some PM-2s that won't cut it.

Yes and this was planned right from the start. The price will be set at $699 plus shipping. The unit, either PM-1 or PM-2 has to be in original condition (undamaged/unmodified). After transformation is done your set will come back with our non removable velour pads so no pad swapping will be possible. Our unit will also be slightly heavier due to all the internal modifications. There will be a standard 1 year warranty with every pair we ship. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #25 of 393
Jun 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 393

What exactly do you mean?

Alex and I discussed this when I met him in San Diego, but the measurements he does points to the fact that some PM-2s are not like other PM-2s, therefore some "matching pairs" of drivers are not the same. Some of the ones Alex has tried to modify he ended up throwing out due to imbalance on the left and right sides.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 393

Alex and I discussed this when I met him in San Diego, but the measurements he does points to the fact that some PM-2s are not like other PM-2s, therefore some "matching pairs" of drivers are not the same. Some of the ones Alex has tried to modify he ended up throwing out due to imbalance on the left and right sides.

Planar magnetic drivers in general display quite a bit of inconsistency in FR. To see where manufacturers of planar magnetic drivers currently are with respect to this matter I can recommend checking measurements of different units of the same model on Innerfidelity.
   In some cases it takes us days of hard work and dozens of measurements while employing different modifications all in order to bring certain units to our target FR. We actually didn't throw drivers away because they weren't up to our standards (they simply are too expensive :wink: we broke them while trying to improve FR. The good news is in the last two months we were able to modify every single one and are hoping it will continue to be that way.

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #28 of 393
     Planar magnetic drivers in general display quite a bit of inconsistency in FR. To see where manufacturers of planar magnetic drivers currently are with respect to this matter I can recommend checking measurements of different units of the same model on Innerfidelity.
   In some cases it takes us days of hard work and dozens of measurements while employing different modifications all in order to bring certain units to our target FR. We actually didn't throw drivers away because they weren't up to our standards (they simply are too expensive :wink: we broke them while trying to improve FR. The good news is in the last two months we were able to modify every single one and are hoping it will continue to be that way.

I misunderstood, sorry!

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #29 of 393

I agree! I've had some friends listen to the PMx2 and Ether side-to-side and though we all agree that the Ether sounds amazing and feels amazing (especially soundstage-wise), the PMx2 has been taking our ears by storm. One of my treblehead friends actually said "I think I like this better than my treble" out loud to us while listening to some Dream Theater... so great job to Alex as well! I've already introduced his brand to several of my dealers here in the Philippines and they've been picked up already by a local audiophile store, Egghead.

mmm.....and Egghead here in Manila, Philippines just delivered to the local headphile community. Two units of the PMx2 just arrived today and I am the first customer :). Initiatial impression: I have the Oppo PM1 that I bought last year from Jaben HK. As impressed as I am with the PM1, this Zenith Audio version of the PM2 is just loads better, no question about it. I am playing some of my favorite classical music (Italian arias, symphony etc.) and I am highly impressed by what I am hearing. It sounds really, really great. Whatever magic Zenith Audio did (with the pads/drivers/etc.), it seems to have worked out well. Kudos to Zenith. You're on to something really great.

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #30 of 393

mmm.....and Egghead here in Manila, Philippines just delivered to the local headphile community. Two units of the PMx2 just arrived today and I am the first customer :). Initiatial impression: I have the Oppo PM1 that I bought last year from Jaben HK. As impressed as I am with the PM1, this Zenith Audio version of the PM2 is just loads better, no question about it. I am playing some of my favorite classical music (Italian arias, symphony etc.) and I am highly impressed by what I am hearing. It sounds really, really great. Whatever magic Zenith Audio did (with the pads/drivers/etc.), it seems to have worked out well. Kudos to Zenith. You're on to something really great.

Wow this was fast! Rico at Egghead must be a magician to work out such great delivery channels! Huge thanks for the impressions, really happy you enjoy the sound and appreciate the hard work. 
   Best regards
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back