Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #76 of 238
I received CKR100  
biggrin.gif
 after riding in sunny day, damn, I want to drink but I can't

I will share the impression after 'mental burn-in' for few hours

Because I don't have fair comparison, so I will only share the sound signature, will not explain it very detail:
Overall, hint of warm sound signature, plugged to E10K. Be careful, CKR100 is very sensitive, hissing when plugged to FiiO X1
The bass is tight, and deep (nice low bass). Tighter than E40 and IM50, the impact is not big
No sibilance, except the recording is very bad (typical some bad Japanese recording, boosted at mid frequency)
The treble is smooth for me (as MSR7 user)
great wide, good depth soundstage
My expectation is really meet with CKR100. Before CKR100 is released, I hope my next IEM is have good low bass with mid bass doesn't bleeding to the mid, good for female vocal without sibilance, and smooth treble. And CKR100 answer my hope 
etysmile.gif

I don't have fitting problem, with M size and nice shape, I can have good isolation. Usually I don't have problem with any IEMs.

The eartips is same with IM series, bit different on texture (almost non to existent), but still not good as ortofon eartips (I must buy it again, my cousin throw it somewhere 
frown.gif
)

The accessories is standard. 4 size eartips, and a hardcase

The build quality is good, but the cable is not great, good for me, maybe decent for the others. I hope they will release OEM cable like ATH-HDC5 quality, very supple

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #78 of 238
I don't have a chance to compare it with CKR9/9LTD/10, sorry. Not popular in Bandung 
redface.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #79 of 238

The eartips is better than standard IM series, but not good as ortofon eartips (I must buy it again, my cousin throw it somewhere 
frown.gif
)

What`s the difference between those black and grey tips ? 

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #80 of 238

What`s the difference between those black and grey tips ? 

Grey tips from CKR100, black from IM50
After checking again, only different on the texture, black tips more sticky than grey, almost don't have difference

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #81 of 238
Not sure they are but the gray tips look similar to the CKP200. AT always annoyed me that they would include a set of better tips and another set of ambient tips with a $30 earphone and only one set of four CKM55 black tips with $300 and $400 earphones. If they are the same tips(I have had them for years now) and the standard ER-CKM55(which I have had repeatedly with various models) is a slightly better fit due to a longer taper, cleaner sound since they are firmer(less flex) and a smoother silicone that keeps more treble and a noticeable sub-bass reach advantage. Similar bore and stage size/presentation. Not that these are the same but they ought to be and they finally should upgrade them since the ER-CKM55 were always just okay. Never really hurt the sound but never brought out the best leaving some on the table for Spiral dots or UE or Philips SHE or MEE or other tips to bring out. Even the CLR100 tips are better on that $15 model than what they include with models 10x the price.

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #82 of 238

CKR7LTD vs CKR9LTD vs CKR90

Quick review as I just listened to them on a KPOP flac file and no time to elaborate yet. I also have the CKR5 but let's ignore unless somebody's interested.

From 7LTD to 9LTD: Greatly increased realism. 9LTD is the best earphone sounding earphone I've ever owned / heard. Similar tonality but increased clarity as if a veil has been lifted.

From 9LTD to 90: Very different beasts. The 90 is the first earphone that sounded like listening to a pair of studio ribbon monitors. I mean that literally as if you're not wearing earphones. Ruthless transparency and details down to recording flaws. Flat response means bass "suffers" compared to 9LTD. But the superwide normal speaker soundstage realism is amazing. Haven't tried with JVC Spiral Dot tips yet but it should make it more relaxing to listen to by toning down the upper edge. Will do later tonight.

Having said the above I wouldn't be surprised if most people prefer the earphonelike and less harsh / transparent CKR9. So you may want to hold ordering the 90 yet
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: The CKR90 has been burned in by 24 hours nonstop playback.

Well, since I already have CKR9 for a while now, which is definitely a keeper, it makes me curious about the difference between CKR9/LTD and CKR90 in terms of tonality and resolution.
Are those really that diffferent as mentioned by @Vedas? Sounds like CKR90 is closer to something like E70 rather than to it older siblings based on his brief impression. Maybe somewhere in between would be great.
If so, I'm super interested !
Right up my alley
biggrin.gif

Eagerly waiting for some reviews
popcorn.gif

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #84 of 238

Well, since I already have CKR9 for a while now, which is definitely a keeper, it makes me curious about the difference between CKR9/LTD and CKR90 in terms of tonality and resolution.
Are those really that diffferent as mentioned by @Vedas? Sounds like CKR90 is closer to something like E70 rather than to it older siblings based on his brief impression. Maybe somewhere in between would be great.
If so, I'm super interested !
Right up my alley
biggrin.gif

Eagerly waiting for some reviews
popcorn.gif

Totally different. The 90 isn't just the 9 they made better. It's a whole different line of product with different sound character. You've been warned. LOL

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #85 of 238
https://youtu.be/ZNVGQ6tn6pc?t=6m2s

CKR100 sounds great for her songs
etysmile.gif
 Speechless

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #89 of 238
Aye, we need more elaborate explanation for that opinion.

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #90 of 238
Anyone knows when might these be available in the EU ?

Also i am particularly interested in a CKR10 - CKR100 comparison, I have been eyeing the ckr10 for some time now (its a bit of an investment for me this price range) and I have been mainly turned off by the lack of removable cable and this might just be the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back