Audio Technica products on ebay? Chances of being counterfeit?
Mar 6, 2006 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

nomdeguerre

formerly w1ned
I'm looking at a bunch of Audio Technica earphones (clip ons) on ebay, and I notice them selling for about 1/5th or so the price that Audiocubes charges for them.
Could they possibly be knock-offs or coutnerfeits, or does Audiocubes just charge a permium on products that could be found on sale overseas?

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
I'm looking at a bunch of Audio Technica earphones (clip ons) on ebay, and I notice them selling for about 1/5th or so the price that Audiocubes charges for them.
Could they possibly be knock-offs or coutnerfeits, or does Audiocubes just charge a permium on products that could be found on sale overseas?

There were a bunch of counterfeit Audio Technica clip-ons on eBay for $5-$10 I believe.. someone posted a thread a while ago.

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 31
Search the sellers feedback profile. Sometimes buyers post neg FB..."Counterfeit, OEM and not real AT product". Something like that.

Garrett

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 31
i've purchased one of the cheaper versions of the AT EC7 from ebay. what a mistake. compared to a real set of ec7, it's clearly obvious that they're fake. if i were you, i'd just save up and get the real thing from a proven store.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 31
what about bluetin?? you've got me paranoid about this price thing now.

bluetin's prices for Audio Technica is so much lower than Audiocubes...any chance they are counter-feit??
i just bought the ES7's from them, on bluetin it's only $127 and Audiocubes it's $159

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 31
Bluetin is cheap because they sell it below retail price; nothing's fake.

There are 2 fake AT earphones on eBay; the EC7 and the CM7.
While the CM7's are a bit hard to tell if they're fake, there's an easy way to see if the EC7's are fake.

See here?
d5_1_b.jpg

e7.jpg

Well, those are real.

THESE ARE FAKE
Headphones.jpg

If the rubber part overlaps the little bed there, it's FAKE.

Hope this helps.

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cold
If you take a look at the seller and what they are about you should get a feel for the legitimacy of their auction.

Not true.
The guy whom I took that fake picture from has very good feedback.
But he doesn't notice that real ones have that rubber part short.

But I have to say it does look quite authentic, even the extension cord.

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Not true.
The guy whom I took that fake picture from has very good feedback.
But he doesn't notice that real ones have that rubber part short.

But I have to say it does look quite authentic, even the extension cord.

It doesn't matter if they have good feedback, and feedback isn't the only thing to look for.

I try to look for regular people who sell their stuff after they are done with it, rather than some person doing it for profit only (bulk for example).

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cold
It doesn't matter if they have good feedback, and feedback isn't the only thing to look for.

I try to look for regular people who sell their stuff after they are done with it, rather than some person doing it for profit only (bulk for example).

That's what I said.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 31
well that makes me feel a lot better about my purchase now...however still waiting for those ES7's
frown.gif

i wouldn't even have noticed the difference between the EC7's had you not mention it

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Bluetin is cheap because they sell it below retail price; nothing's fake.

There are 2 fake AT earphones on eBay; the EC7 and the CM7.
While the CM7's are a bit hard to tell if they're fake, there's an easy way to see if the EC7's are fake.

See here?
d5_1_b.jpg

e7.jpg

Well, those are real.

THESE ARE FAKE
Headphones.jpg

If the rubber part overlaps the little bed there, it's FAKE.

Hope this helps.

Are they definitely fake if the rubber part overlaps the little bed? I just received my pair from a guy who I thought was legitimate, yet the pair I received do have the rubber overlapping the little bed.

The pair I did receive came in the retail box and had all of the accessories, so I assumed they were legitimate (mind you, the photo on his ebay auction was a stock photo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back