del
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm also undecided about this headphones as I want them for virtual surround for gaming and music. The only problem is that I can't find that any reviews about the razer adaro DJ headphones besides sounding good but I would like a comparison. My budget is about $200 so this 2 headphones fit the bill just right and other then that the m50x are a bit small on the ears, they basically lie on my hears

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm also undecided about this headphones as I want them for virtual surround for gaming and music. The only problem is that I can't find that any reviews about the razer adaro DJ headphones besides sounding good but I would like a comparison. My budget is about $200 so this 2 headphones fit the bill just right and other then that the m50x are a bit small on the ears, they basically lie on my hears

The m50's are on ear headphones? I prefer closed back. That may be a killer for me. I actually want these headphones for the exact same purposes as you. If the ATH are on ears then I'll probably go for the Razers. Yeah I also had the same issue, U couldn't find a review to of the Razer Adaro DJ's either...

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 9
m50x's will probably sound better overall, but with razer software the razer ones might sound better for games if you're a gamer. Impedence on both of these headphones are low (38ohms ath, 32 razer), and both should run fine on your phone. I've had the m50x's before and they weren't heavy at all, so I don't think weight will be a problem, also according to both their websites the razer weighs 310 grams while the ath's weigh in at 285. Considering they're about 50$ less and probably sound better overall i'd recommend the m50x's or you could pick up a new 50s for 100$ and save even more, but if you like the razer, theres nothing wrong with going that route. Your local frys will probably have both of them so you might wanna audition them if you wanna be 100% sure. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 9
The m50's are on ear headphones? I prefer closed back. That may be a killer for me. I actually want these headphones for the exact same purposes as you. If the ATH are on ears then I'll probably go for the Razers. Yeah I also had the same issue, U couldn't find a review to of the Razer Adaro DJ's either...

The M50's are not on-ears. They are closed back around ears. They aren't small on my ears at all. People tend to stay away from razer products on this website, so you will have a hard time finding a consumer review. The M50's will probably suit you well, but someone can probably find you a better option.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi
I thought i would jump in here as i am currently not having the best experience with the Adaro DJ's as yet, let me explain;
I had the opportunity to pick up a pair at 50 discount, i didn't really need them and were still considered an expensive purchase to myself at £85 delivered.
The only comparison i have is to my Panasonic RP-HTF600 so figuring the pricing these Razer phones were definitely a tier or two above.
Once i got them home i set upon trying them out, physically these are really lovely looking headphones, they feel substantial, the pleather is very soft and cushioned, Isolation is far greater than what i am used to.
And that's were it has gone wrong so far
I plugged them into my PC, the soundcard is a Soundblaster Recon 3d, not an Audiophile device but is amped. And i set upon some Audio;
I went straight to some Hard dance, as that was exactly what i would be using these phones for.. and distortion....
Really really badly distorted at sensible listening levels, my brain was confused at this point, so i tried a different sample of music... and the same.
I unplugged and went for the Panasonics... a world apart... so i switched back to the Razer's and questioned if it was just me... but no definite loss of clarity, seemingly from the right side, pressing my hand gently on the left cup the sound changed drastically, becoming louder and clearer from the left cup, although there appears to be no venting in that area...
So, i am resigned to the fact that these are somehow damaged from the factory.

I have raised a support ticket with Razer and it has taken them almost a week to come back to me, suggesting that i try the other lead supplied, and everything is the same. 

Hopefully I will have something far more positive to say soon.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 9
That is not just a factory mistake or somthing. I got a pair of Razer Krakens and that happened too. Most of the time, it was normal but sometimes sound would be drastically lower in the left ear cup. Then i the ear cup a little and it clicked and the sound went back to normal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back