Audio Technica CK100 PRO! ATH-W3000ANV!
Oct 13, 2011 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Randius

500+ Head-Fier
Audio Technica has just announced an update to the CK100. The CK100 PRO features a new design, has woofer, mid-range and tweeter drivers and surprisingly (or maybe not) removable cables! However, the connector is unlike all we've seen so far. It should be available on 18th of November

Announced together with the CK100 PRO is the CK90 PRO Mk2, CKM1000, CKS77LTD, CKS77S and CKS55S.

Update: Also announced are the ATH-ES88, ATH-CKW1000ANV and ATH-W3000ANV. The latter two are 50th anniversary models.

ATH-W3000ANV

ATH-CKW1000ANV

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 63
Looks like the same mmcx found on shures... that any details regarding the headphones?
eek.gif

EDIT: Limited edition 2,000 units worldwide

Echizen lacquer-finished, dynamic headphones employ housing Hokkaido Asada cherry heartwood. Driver unit is in use strong magnets φ53mm, magnetic circuit permendur adopted. Use the Super high class OFC-7N voice coil bobbin, it was possible to achieve power playing delicate expression. The frame is fine to suppress unwanted vibration, which employs a lightweight high-rigidity magnesium material.

Both cables are left out, and the core structure of four separate ground wire, which enhances the sound quality. The plug is a standard plug φ6.3mm wood, decorated with 50th anniversary logo. Lambskin ear pads are from Spain, it's also very well equipped soft.

Frequency Response at 5 ~ 42,000 Hz, output sound pressure level 102dB/mW. The maximum input is 2000mW, the impedance is 40Ω. Cable length is 3.0m.

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 63
Uh-oh, just when I though the Sleek SA7 and the Sony XBA-4/3 were the only interesting upcoming products. The fact that the wooden CKW1000 (CKM1000 with wooden housing) is limited doesn't help me at all, regardless of my disappointment in the CKM99. 

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 63
CK100 Pro looks really ugly. Will wait until someone reviews it, but knowing me... I am a huge sucker for AT's iems so I will probably end up buying it. Thank god I didn't pull any trigger on headphones/iems yet since I had a hunch more new stuff would be released.

Might buy W3000 if I have a chance.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 63
If it is a dual entry set of headphones...what the HELL are the antennae for?  Its like the designers literally sat down and said HMM lets put these giant ugly rods on here for no reason at all.  It certainly can't be for clamping reasons because most of the sets in that line are light on clamp...Just the leather band should have been there and nothing else.  My goodness designers today are just awful

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #12 of 63

Quote:
If it is a dual entry set of headphones...what the HELL are the antennae for?  Its like the designers literally sat down and said HMM lets put these giant ugly rods on here for no reason at all.  It certainly can't be for clamping reasons because most of the sets in that line are light on clamp...Just the leather band should have been there and nothing else.  My goodness designers today are just awful

The rods change the clamping angle and thus reduces the clamping force required for the cups to stay put and fast on our heads, the 'butterfly' head rest things position them on our heads, so instead of a single headband performing both resting and clamping functions, they split them into two different parts that perform different tasks. Which is why AT's headphones are always so comfy.

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 63
Damn, the wood on the W3000ANV is beautiful, almost the best-looking AT woodie if not for the 2002.

The cable connectors on the CK100PRO don't look very secure, the look like they'd get accidentally disconnected a lot.

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 63
With the slew of new releases headed our way (Shure's revamped SE535, Sennheiser's IE80, Phonak's 232, Sony's BA's, and now Audio Technica's line-up), this is going to be an exciting Q4 for 2011!

Subscribed for future updates. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back