Audio-Technica ATH-WP900
Nov 17, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #902 of 1,365
it works soooo it's something
Yes, absolutely :)
It’s a really creative way of using those in-ear Bluetooth adapters. I wouldn’t have expected them to provide enough power for a full-size headphone, but the WP900 seems to be rather sensitive

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #903 of 1,365
Yes, absolutely :)
It’s a really creative way of using those in-ear Bluetooth adapters. I wouldn’t have expected them to provide enough power for a full-size headphone, but the WP900 seems to be rather sensitive
hmm, i had to push the volume up more than usual compared to in ears but didnt had to max out volume.

i guess the combination of WP900 being easy to drive and this particular fiio utws5 having a built in discrete amp from DAC helps

Nov 28, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #904 of 1,365
Good morning, I have been enjoying this headset for a few days, it is the first techina audio I have had, I have the next techina awas audio model on the way and I have read that the balanced cable of the wp900 does not work, I had planned to use it.
someone knows if this cable model works HDC114A / 1.2 or can you tell me one that works.
thanks to the forum for the space.

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #905 of 1,365
Good morning, I have been enjoying this headset for a few days, it is the first techina audio I have had, I have the next techina awas audio model on the way and I have read that the balanced cable of the wp900 does not work, I had planned to use it.
someone knows if this cable model works HDC114A / 1.2 or can you tell me one that works.
thanks to the forum for the space.

AWAS/AWKT thread probably a better place to ask about cable compatibility, but it looks like AWAS comes with a BAL 4-pin XLR cable? so you can probably just buy xlr to 4.4 adapter (or just reterminate) if the wp900 cable doesn't fit

Jan 8, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #906 of 1,365
Late to the party but I am glad that I didn't miss hearing this headphone. It and the LQI balanced cable are nearly 24 hours into their burn in maturation process. The DX160 and the Zen Can are performing streaming duty. This is good. I will be pairing this headphone with a hybrid amp (TA-20) next week for my work desktop.

IMG_1803.jpg

Jan 9, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #907 of 1,365
Late to the party but I am glad that I didn't miss hearing this headphone. It and the LQI balanced cable are nearly 24 hours into their burn in maturation process. The DX160 and the Zen Can are performing streaming duty. This is good. I will be pairing this headphone with a hybrid amp (TA-20) next week for my work desktop.

IMG_1803.jpg
That cable looks really pretty!

I might just get one myself - the craftsmanship appears to be top-notch, at least in the photo. :)

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #908 of 1,365
That cable looks really pretty!

I might just get one myself - the craftsmanship appears to be top-notch, at least in the photo. :)
LQI makes a good cable.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #909 of 1,365
Selling mine if anyone interested. London area. Mint with all original packaging, accessories, extra aftermarket 4.4 pentagon cable, a set of brand new original pads from Audio Technica and carrying case. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_8152.jpg
    IMG_8152.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8153.jpg
    IMG_8153.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #910 of 1,365
I Finally sold my WP900's. Took seven months and a huge loss. Hopefully the new owner enjoys them a lot more than I did.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #911 of 1,365
I Finally sold my WP900's. Took seven months and a huge loss. Hopefully the new owner enjoys them a lot more than I did.
Luckily I bought my WP900 off Amazon, so I just returned it LOL.

Though my Playmate 2 is suffering the same fate, where's there's no takers. I might have to lower the price again. :frowning2:

It's time like this where I wish I was more into mainstream gears that are a bit easier to sell.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #912 of 1,365

Though my Playmate 2 is suffering the same fate, where's there's no takers. I might have to lower the price again. :frowning2:

It's time like this where I wish I was more into mainstream gears that are a bit easier to sell.
most of my stuff has been pretty easy to move, butci have really been on a binge the last two years. These last two sets were the only ones that I didn't like using. The rest fall into a range between like and love.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #913 of 1,365
The rest fall into a range between like and love.
But couldn’t any of “the rest” be wine one day and vinegar the next day?…it does happen to me occasionally.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #914 of 1,365
But couldn’t any of “the rest” be wine one day and vinegar the next day?…it does happen to me occasionally.
I have a couple if others that are on the bubble, but I do like using them. I would not use the WP900's and HD660's anymore.

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #915 of 1,365

Yeah, Burson makes some quality amplifiers, but they aren't very renowned, I reckon. They are somewhat lacking in "star attraction", as opposed to the more mainstream brands such as Schiit, Topping, and iFi (and possibly, Chord). I was in the same boat; I initially listed my Soloist 3X Performance for sale some time back on a local forum - I had zero takers, and only 1 pseudo-interested party approached me in all of the time that it was listed (a couple of months). Ultimately, I decided against selling the Burson, so it's now happily seating on my desk (again) as a secondary amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back