Audio Technica ATH-W100 + Technics Receiver
Aug 12, 2002 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I went over to a friends house a couple of days ago to listen to some songs off a CD he is working on. He is a Systems Manager by day and a drummer in a few different bands at night. He wanted me to check the songs for quality and order. He wanted me to tell him which songs I thought should go first, second, etc... I just happen to have the ATH-W100 headphones with me so we plugged them into his Technics Receiver. I was very familiar with the Technics since I was the previous owner. I showed him the headphones and he thought they were really cool looking. The first thing he said was "how much." He's not a big headphone person but I did turn him on to Grados and he even purchased a set of the SR60s. Even through the Technics Receiver the ATH-W100s were sounding pretty good with plenty of low level impact. He liked that since he is a drummer. There was a song where it starts with a few beats on the big bass drum and you could really feel the impact. Through the W100s I could even point out two mistakes on the CD. He said those mistakes were unavoidable. They were caused by the lead singer who also plays guitar. She was just switching cords and the mic was so close it picked up the sound. I did let him listen to the headphones and he thought they were great. I don't think he's going to buy any soon, though.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back