Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #31 of 75
Guy, I'm not sure to understand why do you want to compare a Bluetooth Headphone with a wired one.
It does not make any sense at all to me...

alicemalt77 I'll ask my contact :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #34 of 75
I was at local store to listem them (At last!)
Before I put them on I was touching them (maybe it was a little inapriopriate :D ), their build quality is best i've ever seen, nice hard material, aluminum (it looks like "made in japan" not "made in china"), and they are so small in hand ! :D
Next I putted them on and that was my first "wow effect" they are so comfortable! I didnt feel that they push my ears (clamping is strong but memory foam is like a pillow for your ears :)
Then I paired them with my lumia 930 by NFC (no problem at all), before I start music, I was listening background (no hissing) and after I pushed play, I had second "wow effect" at Kygo - Here for you ft. Ella Henderson :D so transparent and so nice strong music, bas was just perfect (mytympanic membrande and head dont like much pressure and bass) and that was only from youtube! :) this headphone are a little on bright side and I was realy enjoying them! (that mean i cant be like Kylo Ren or Darth Vader? :frowning2: ) I listened Foo Fighters (very nice detail), Fall Out Boy (high frequency was a little sparky here), Angel's and Airwaves and even Marilyn Manson - Deep Six was beautiful - my last headphones was warm and muddy and here i saw the new power of the songs :D

Now i am waiting for my SR5BT headphones :) i should get them May 5 (i go out for a weekend so dont want them at home ealier) :D
My review isnt as good as Giogio's but i had to tell you that i loved them with first touch (body and soul) :D

I hope my english is undestandabel for you :) im not native english speaker :p

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #35 of 75
I was at local store to listem them (At last!)

Now i am waiting for my SR5BT headphones :) i should get them May 5 (i go out for a weekend so dont want them at home ealier) :D
My review isnt as good as Giogio's but i had to tell you that i loved them with first touch (body and soul) :D

I hope my english is undestandabel for you :) im not native english speaker :p

Your English was easy to understand for me at least - sounds like these are really good headphones. :)

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #36 of 75
they STILL aren't selling them in the US! What a disappointment.. or a way to drive up demand
basshead.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #37 of 75
I've just asked their U.S. Product Manager, and he said:
"They are just being sent out to dealers now, a little late due to some transport issues."
So, prepare the money, and the music!

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #38 of 75
These do look like a nice pair, thanks for the review.  
Im a bit confused by something - some websites classifies them as over ear, and some others as on-ears designs.. what do you think ? might depend on the ears ?  

Btw, i was trying to get your top pick, WS99BT, but i was told it hit End of Life here.. is it that old ? Maybe there's a way to tell which in the ranking is still being sold and which isn't ? 

I hope they send them to Singapore soon, can't wait to try them on :) 
Thanks!

May 2, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #39 of 75
End of life?
I'm not aware.
In China?
I'll ask.

Forget the ranking.
I'll delete it soon.
You can't rank life. And music is life.

I'll publish something more innovative soon. A different approach.

The SR are definitively On Ear. You need to have no ears for them to be Over Ear. No idea who wrote they're Over Ear, do you have a link?

Don't pick the favourite of other people. Read between the lines and ask, and pick the right one for you.

May 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #40 of 75
Thank youfor your reply :)

Hmmmm well Singapore isn't in China but its ok, its a common misconception. Even I who is actually French had not a clue where it stood on the map before I moved here. ^^

In this link they mention it is "circumaural", as well as " passive nc through covering the ears well"
http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Casque-bluetooth/Audio-Technica-ATH-SR5BT.html

Link is in French though :)

May 4, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #41 of 75
These people didn't even had them in their hands, can you notice it from how they write?
They are making a discursive version of the tech specs.
They don't talk of the sound.
For what I understand of French by speaking Spanish.

It's On Ear. Believe me.
And quite portable.

May 4, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #42 of 75
Alright, thank you very much for your time Gio :) 
I will anyway wait for them to be test-able, hopefully i'll like them enough and not have to resume my quest x) 

May 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #44 of 75
Hi, thanks for the review! These look excellent but I didn't notice anything in the review so I figured I'd ask, how's the isolation? Would these be acceptable next to a fan or on an airplane? Similarly, will anyone nearby be able to hear? 

May 5, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #45 of 75
I purchased these and they will arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the review.

Let us know how you like them :)

Hi, thanks for the review! These look excellent but I didn't notice anything in the review so I figured I'd ask, how's the isolation? Would these be acceptable next to a fan or on an airplane? Similarly, will anyone nearby be able to hear? 

Thanks for letting me notice about this, I'll update the review when I get a few time.
They isolate well. They are no ANC though, so, airplane is a though one, and one I can't answer because I do not have to fly till next year.
But I immediately have an isolation effect when I wear them, even just turned off. Other headphones let more sound in.
I yet have to find a Bluetooth HP, On or Over Ear, which would not leak any sound at all at max volume.
But I have just tested these now, and although at max vol the person next to you on a 100% silent house would hear some music too, at already just 3 clicks of vol down, with a volum more than loud enough to enjoy, only somebody at 10 cm from you could hear something a bit.

I can hear the fan of my notebook at 15cm from it (no music playing), not anymore at normal distance like now writing. But just any music playing and you will need really a turbine to hear something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back