Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions
Dec 22, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #1,202 of 2,666
  Has anyone tried R70X with Brainwavz velour earpads? Do they fit perfectly? Are they more comfortable than stock pads? Is there any sound difference?
I noticed that they will be on amazon lightning deal in about 2 hours and I am wondering if I should get them.

Thank you!

I tried with both velour and leather HM5 pads, both not angled. I prefer the comfort and sound of the leather HM5 pads. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,205 of 2,666
I picked up a cable from fleabay so that I can go portable with the r70x. It was from Lunashops. Took forever to get here. The cable is quite thin but seems of decent quality. I won't be able to try it out for a while as my r70x is out on loan. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #1,206 of 2,666
There appears to have some subtle buzzing in the bass region....? 
I found it very unbearable especially when none of my headphones has this issue....
Is my unit functioning properly?? 

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #1,207 of 2,666
That is definitely not normal! You should not be hearing any 'buzz' in any frequency with these headphones (unless present in the track). Assuming you have ruled out possibilities such as a wonky source/amp/cable, I'm afraid it seems like your pair of headphones is probably defective. If you bought them only recently, you might want to look into getting an exchange.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #1,208 of 2,666
  There appears to have some subtle buzzing in the bass region....? 
I found it very unbearable especially when none of my headphones has this issue....
Is my unit functioning properly?? 

My R70x does have some buzzing, sizzing. But it's in the treble region. 
smily_headphones1.gif

It was due to DAC/amp matching, What is your DAC/amp setup?

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,211 of 2,666
I'll second that - not traditional AD. Quite sweet, but still detailed, in a way that is uncharacteristic for AD. It is like the HD600/HD650, but it still has its own character. I'm fumbling to find the best words to describe. The details are there, but they aren't pushed at the listener - nothing strikes in a harsh way.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #1,215 of 2,666
The MZ2 microzotl headphone amp pairs very well with the R70x! The bass is insane.

Nice! I've always wanted to try that amp...one day. Just today I tried the r70x with the Cramp amp for the first time, wow! Why I hadn't thought of this before I don't know but it makes perfect sense. The Crack is perfect for high impedance cans. The pairing is quite good. I would safely say that the crack outperforms my solid states amps when it comes to the r70x. Just a sweet sound with this pair. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back