Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #2,718 of 2,803
Ok on amazon uk there is a seler that still hass msr7gm in stock. I want them.
First see the link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Tech...&sr=8-3#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
Then look at this review from this page:

Ended up being fakes
Despite the materials being completely legit, and the box looking good, these were fakes when I ordered them. The $88 off sale should've been suspicious enough, but I took a chance anyways. I didn't even notice this seller's name saying Audio Technica when the actual company has it as Audio-Technica (A small difference, but one I missed, as there is a proper Audio-Technica seller on here with the dash in the name, and the same headphones at normal MSRP price while these are on heavy discount) There was always something slightly off about their sound. Plugged them into a studio interface and the sound went haywire. Didn't EQ as good as they should have either, and the sound was pickier than one would expect, even for an analytical pair of headphones like these. With a certain setup that you wouldn't tweak much, or to the untrained listener, these would sound pretty legit. But to people who notice these things, there's a few signs that the sound is not what it should be. I later learned that the box (White on the outside) lacked the Audio-Technica seal that says it's an approved reseller of their products. That, and Audio-Technica states on their website with a big warning that MSR7's knockoffs have been circulating the Chinese market, and to make sure the box has all anti-counterfeit precautions listed on their site. Be wary, as this is a discount that's clearly too good to be true

...So it seems there was a crazy discount
and the reviewer claims they are fake.
PLEASE check the link,check the seller...
What do you think it is posible that amazons msr7gm/bl are FAKE
I WANT them but now i am afraid to spend my money on a knock of

Is there a chance the review is bull?
Please tel me they might be the real deal!!??
Maybe i should look elsewhere to be sure?e bay etc the prices are good there also
Edit:williamthakker is the most popular european seller on e bay also!100%positive feedback 61 msr7gm sold!...i am starting to think the above reviewer is full of bs...?
Someone experienced somehow in these matters help

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #2,721 of 2,803
The seller replied to me in g mail:
Hello George,

thank you for the message.

We are officially supplied by Audio Technica (phono cartridges, headphones, turntables, etc.), we only deliver original.

Kind regards,

Alexander

...what do you think?i asked them if there is any way for them to PROVE this to me...
Edit:in audio technica authorised EU reseller veryfication page i enter the adress of the website of the seller and
click verify and NOTHING hapens like the system does n t even work the verify button does nothing it does not even work...audio technica needs to fix this

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #2,723 of 2,803
Jul 17, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #2,725 of 2,803
OK.I COULD NOT STAND THIS ANYMORE.
i ordered the msr7gm brand new from amazon uk!!!!a seller still has stock of these factory discontinued BEAUTY of a headphone!i am now a poor penyless guy,but i have these beasts being shipped right now.i contacted audio technica an they confirmed it is authentic ,the real deal.what do you think?did i do whel to catch those gems while they are still out there?
My experience with audio technica has been AMAZING with ath m40x
Will this be a step up,a class above the m40x in your opinion?
The prise for msr7 gm was 190€free shipping.i think it is reasonable for a classic headphone like this...isn t it?
It might even be a burgain shince they will be out of the market colector s item sooner or later...?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #2,726 of 2,803
OK.I COULD NOT STAND THIS ANYMORE.
i ordered the msr7gm brand new from amazon uk!!!!a seller still has stock of these factory discontinued BEAUTY of a headphone!i am now a poor penyless guy,but i have these beasts being shipped right now.i contacted audio technica an they confirmed it is authentic ,the real deal.what do you think?did i do whel to catch those gems while they are still out there?
My experience with audio technica has been AMAZING with ath m40x
Will this be a step up,a class above the m40x in your opinion?
The prise for msr7 gm was 190€free shipping.i think it is reasonable for a classic headphone like this...isn t it?
It might even be a burgain shince they will be out of the market colector s item sooner or later...?
The only reason I backed from purchasing Gun Metal version is because of the brown ear-pads. I asked forum members if Audio Technica or any other reputed brand offers replacement pads which don't change the sound signature and no. Sadly Audio Technica(that is the info I got from this forum so correct me if I am wrong) and other reputed brands only offer Black pads which don't effect of change sound signature. For my usage I am sure I will be needing replacement ear-pads in 2Yrs or less and I really don't want to pair Black Pads or compromise on sound signature just to get Brown pads. So instead I would prefer Black version.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,727 of 2,803
Yes but the gm version looks sooo amazing and premium....i don have a problem to use them with a bit peled of bruished color in a couple of years.the gm version is the most pretty closed headphone i have seen under 300€...not to say EVER seen

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #2,728 of 2,803
It's easy to open up the necessary parts. You need the correct size phillips screwdriver, I forget the size but hopefully you have one handy.

1. Remove the earpad, pretty simple. Just tug on it and work around the circumfrence to free it.
2. In my opinion the noisy parts are the plastic hinges inside the cup. Remove the 4 long screws closest to the driver, they are the innermost screws. The driver side of the cup can now be pulled away just enough to get at the joints. Be careful with the attached wire. Add a bit of grease to the joints. Leave the cup hanging as now you have access to the swivel screws.
3. Remove the 2 short lower screws, the screws not on the headband but just below. If you have the black and blue version, they would be in the blue piece. Gently pull the top of this piece away, enough to expose the swivel. Add some grease. Push the piece back, reinstall the 2 screws.
4. Put the driver side cup back (note the wire position inside the cup, don't let it get pinched), reinstall the 4 long screws. Reattach the earpad.
5. Repeat for other side.
6. Enjoy!
Kickass man. Problem solved, msr7 as new for me, now. Thanks!

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #2,729 of 2,803
Ok i bought them new from amazon
A seller still had stock
They-are-AMAZING
i thought i heard audiophile sound with my m40x pair...litle did i know the msr7
Are a magor class above in eberything
Soundstage enourmus and highs and treble extending soooooo much.
Sound crystal clear,completely tranceparent depth of soundstage,sound pristine.
Tjat's how i know they are authentic and not fake,a fake would not have this sound or amazing built quality.
For the 180 euros it is a steal for one that finds them somewhere still in stock.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #2,730 of 2,803
I'd advise anyone to get them on second hand market while you can. Few have appeared on eBay and bagged myself some for £75 (unopened Gun Metal). I do have a pair of the LTD edition (red) from Japan but I used them so much that the metal work is in poor condition and one of the plastic inner hinges snapped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back