Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Oct 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 2,803
I just got an Exclusive confirmation from Audio-Technica US.  They are definitely going to carry ATH-MSR7 in two colors (black ATH-MSR7BK and gun-metal ATH-MSR7GM).  The MSRP will be $249.95 and the product is going to be released in January/February of 2015.  The official press release will come out in mid-November.

Or, and CKR9 and CKR10 going to be available in US very soon too!
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 2,803
  I just got an Exclusive confirmation from Audio-Technica US.  They are definitely going to carry ATH-MSR7 in two colors (black ATH-MSR7BK and gun-metal ATH-MSR7GM).  The MSRP will be $249.95 and the product is going to be released in January/February of 2015.  The official press release will come out in mid-November.

Or, and CKR9 and CKR10 going to be available in US very soon too!
wink.gif

Thats good news. I am interested in how these compare to Sony MDR-Z7 which is priced like 3 times more. My local Jaben has started taking preorders for the Z7s so I think a demo unit should be in soon, I hope. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #19 of 2,803
Will be back in Japan in December, and looking forward to hearing these! Price is surprisingly low for what it is offering.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #23 of 2,803
Some teaser pics:

Sorry for the low quality smart phone pictures in low light environment. They look much better than the pictures. Really nice and beautiful headphones. The red limited edition is simply gorgeous!
And they do sound really good! As good as their look 
L3000.gif

The signature is on the natural side, with very good low bass and upper treble extension. Bass quality is good and extended, but not for basshead. Bass level slightly less than my Sennheiser Amperior. MSR7 clarity is very good, but not yet analytical. Sounds natural, organic, with good clarity. I like them a lot 
L3000.gif

I borrow the Gunmetal color for review from AT Singapore. Now burning in....
Will take better pics later...

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #24 of 2,803
Some teaser pics:

Sorry for the low quality smart phone pictures in low light environment. They look much better than the pictures. Really nice and beautiful headphones. The red limited edition is simply gorgeous!
And they do sound really good! As good as their look :L3000:

The signature is on the natural side, with very good low bass and upper treble extension. Bass quality is good and extended, but not for basshead. Bass level slightly less than my Sennheiser Amperior. MSR7 clarity is very good, but not yet analytical. Sounds natural, organic, with good clarity. I like them a lot :L3000:

Nice! I hope the SRP is much lower though :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #25 of 2,803
Probably around end of November, AT Sgp will held a small AT headphone meet in Singapore, for audiophiles and AT enthusiasts. It is more of a small meet for new products launch. They told me they plan to have early bird specials for some new models. Hopefully they are selling MSR7 at a very attractive price there... let's see 
wink_face.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #26 of 2,803
  Some teaser pics:

And they do sound really good! As good as their look 
L3000.gif

The signature is on the natural side, with very good low bass and upper treble extension. Bass quality is good and extended, but not for basshead. Bass level slightly less than my Sennheiser Amperior. MSR7 clarity is very good, but not yet analytical. Sounds natural, organic, with good clarity. I like them a lot 
L3000.gif

I know this is hard for you to tell us exactly how the bass impact was, but

was the bass pretty good in impact I hope? How were the mids?

I had a dream that I listened to these.

The bass was lacking in quantity, but had GREAT impact, powerful enough to shake my ears but not the head.

The mids and highs were very warm, Not muddy warm since it did have quite the warmth compared to the ckr9/10 and had a lot of detail (it did sound sharp, but not analytically sharp). Warm in the sense that the mids and highs were elegantly smooth and still had good detail retrieval. 

Please tell more! How's the soundstage/imaging? 

That's what I truly care about. Take your time, I just wanted to know soon since my dream has me wanting more...

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 2,803

As mentioned by earfonia, the MSR7 LTD version looks gorgeous. First impression is that it has lighter bass than M50x. Very good treble extension. Forward vocal with good clarity. More spacious feel as well.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 2,803

As mentioned by earfonia, the MSR7 LTD version looks gorgeous. First impression is that it has lighter bass than M50x. Very good treble extension. Forward vocal with good clarity. More spacious feel as well.

Pretty good depth and height?

Thank you so much for that, I feel happier already. I will work hard to buy this.

Is it a warmish sounding headphone too? Does the bass impact the head in any way I hope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back