Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Oct 17, 2014 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,803

yellowbirdfly

Previously known as lalala6
Audio-Technica has announced new 'Sound Reality' headphones, ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD.

ATH-MSR7
Black Gunmetal

ATH-MSR7LTD

Combining pro-grade sonic skills with the latest in premium design, these headphones model a discreet but stylish profile while boasting new audio technology, mastered by years of research though helping professional musicians and producers get the perfect sound since 1962.

Designed for listening at home and on-the-go, the MSR7 headphones are the ultimate in comfort. Soft memory-foam ear pads fit securely and snugly around the ears, maximising comfort during long listening sessions, alongside Audio-Technica technology developed over 40-years of designing monitor headphones for producers, studios and musicians which minimises listener fatigue – crucial when enjoying new high resolution audio formats on the latest music players and smartphones. The housing has also been specially shaped with ear-profiled grills to ‘mirror’ the whole ear and enhance the rich, lower end sounds, while the highly flexible swivel design helps to find the most comfortable fit instantly.

1. 45mm ‘True Motion’ Hi-Res audio driver
  2. Unique Dual-layer Air-control technology controls the air stream in the housings
  3. Triple-venting acoustic airflow design
  4. Layered metal structure to reduce unwanted resonance
  5. Soft memory foam earpads for long-term listening comfort
  6. Available in black (BK), gun metal (GM) and limited edition red (LTD)

Specifications

1. Driver Diameter: 45mm
  2. Maximum Input Power: 2000 mW
  3. Frequency Response: 5 - 40,000 Hz
  4. Sensitivity: 100 dB
  5. Impedance: 35 ohms
  6. Weight: 290g
  7. Connector: 3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug
  8. Cable: 1.2 m, 3.0m and 1.2m with mic for smartphones
  9. Accessories Included: Pouch

Links
Press release
English product page
Japanese product page

(For those looking for a hard case, hte80 has found that the ATH-ANC9 case fits the MSR7 perfectly. Pictures here.)

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 2,803
  Looks reminiscent of the MDR1R.

What is this "High-Res" label? Is AT cooperating with Sony now? Haven't they been long-time rivals?

That's the question I asked when I saw that label...Only because I've seen sony use it and I feel that it's an imitation.

I hope it's a certification of hi-res audio. I wouldn't doubt it'll sound great.

I shuddered. Even more of with the similar build characteristics of its headphone...

But this should be a good headphone.

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 2,803
I assume this is going to be a worldwide release?  Considering Audio-Technica UK posted that YT video.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 2,803
Looks reminiscent of the MDR1R.

What is this "High-Res" label? Is AT cooperating with Sony now? Haven't they been long-time rivals?

The "High-Res Audio" label is just a standard that, although first started by Sony, can be used by anyone. Even the JVC FX850 has that label, albeit not in the same icon that Sony used. The label probably is just used to indicate to consumers that the product is capable of high quality sound.

Oct 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 2,803
English link: http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/products/product.asp?catID=5&subID=38&prodID=4702 :)

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 2,803
Well definitely it will be interesting to see how they sound and compare to similarly priced headphones. I for one would be keen to hear this one as well and I have few headphones from AT and love them very much............

Oct 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 2,803
its been 2 days already, I cant believe I am late for this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back