Audio Technica ATH-M50X vs Sennheiser HD 558
Jun 6, 2015 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Antonio Khoury

New Head-Fier
Hello can someone help me with 2 things 1: How do i start a new thread, I am new to this forum and to any forum.
2: Which headphone is better for my preference: Audio Technica ATH-M50X vs Sennheiser HD 558?:

I will be gaming in rpg/action games and minecraft mostly and sometimes fps. And i will be watching movies. And I will be listening to hip hop/rap, rnb, dubstep and party sometimes only. So i want music,gaming, and movies. I will be using this setup both indoors and sometimes outdoors. They are the same price. I will be doing the foam mod for the sennheiser. Which is better for me? I will be using them on a smartphone and sometimes laptop and ps4. If you could recommend any other headphones it would be fine, my budget is any bang for the buck. If your gonna recommend another headphone first tell me which of the ones I suggested suit me better? Thanks.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 4
For your first question, with some forums it's inherent that you reach a number of posts in other threads before being allowed to start a new thread. This cuts down on spam threads being started. I'm not quite sure what the post count is here before you can create a thread, but you can do a quick search, I'm sure, to find the answer. Until you reach that number, though, you're only allowed to create threads in this section, as far as I know.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hello can someone help me with 2 things 1: How do i start a new thread, I am new to this forum and to any forum.
2: Which headphone is better for my preference: Audio Technica ATH-M50X vs Sennheiser HD 558?:

I will be gaming in rpg/action games and minecraft mostly and sometimes fps. And i will be watching movies. And I will be listening to hip hop/rap, rnb, dubstep and party sometimes only. So i want music,gaming, and movies. I will be using this setup both indoors and sometimes outdoors. They are the same price. I will be doing the foam mod for the Sennheiser. Which is better for me? I will be using them on a smartphone and sometimes laptop and ps4. If you could recommend any other headphones it would be fine, my budget is any bang for the buck. If your gonna recommend another headphone first tell me which of the ones I suggested suit me better? Thanks.

The ATH-M50x will have a louder bass then the HD558's more moderate bass.
Otherwise the HD558 will be better at everything else.

The $44 Gemini HSR-1000 is a great budget choice, a closed headphone that is roughly equal to the ATH-M50Xs, but for a lot less cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back