Audio Technica ath-m50 vs others
Aug 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

charger35

New Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade my current headphones and have narrowed it down to four.

Audio Technica ath-m50
Ultrasone hfi-580
V-moda crossfade lp or lp2

I listen to rock, hip/hop, and rap.  I want something with good overall sound quality, but in particular great bass.  Portability doesn't matter.  The v-modas have removeable cables.  Has anyone found this to be beneficial?  Also, I have heard some people say that the Audio Technica ath-m50 is not worth the hype.  Any opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I am looking to upgrade my current headphones and have narrowed it down to four.

Audio Technica ath-m50
Ultrasone hfi-580
V-moda crossfade lp or lp2

I listen to rock, hip/hop, and rap.  I want something with good overall sound quality, but in particular great bass.  Portability doesn't matter.  The v-modas have removeable cables.  Has anyone found this to be beneficial?  Also, I have heard some people say that the Audio Technica ath-m50 is not worth the hype.  Any opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I do believe that the M50's are over-hyped a bit, but they are definitely worth it. Bass comes first on the M50's, then SQ. But to be honest, I have just one suggestion for you to check out: Numark Red Wave. If you have a good equalizer, they can pump out more bass than the M50, plus, they have very good SQ (the M50 DOES gain slight advantage when sound goes past 2k hz, but not by a lot.) Being that you want bass first, I say check out the Red Wave first. They are $70 on Amazon, which is considerably less than the M50. One more thing, It has a locking, detachable cable, which DOES come in handy when on the go. They also fold up to a bit bigger than the size of a softball. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back