audio technica ath m50 removable cable mod?
Apr 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wegz34

New Head-Fier
ok so my birthday is coming up and with my birthday money i want to buy myself a pair of ath m50s with a removable cable mod off of http://www.soundprofessionals.com and i was wondering if the removable cable messes with the sound quality at all. And also if it just comes with the jack so you have to do the mod yourself or if the headphones already come with a removable cable. I hope that it comes with the mod already done because i have no wiring skills at all and it will probably be hard. And i dont want to break them by doing it myself. thanks to anyone who helps!!

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 8
The M50 cable is attached. If you want something with a removeable cable, try a Shure 440/840 or M-Audio Q40.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
ok so my birthday is coming up and with my birthday money i want to buy myself a pair of ath m50s with a removable cable mod off of http://www.soundprofessionals.com and i was wondering if the removable cable messes with the sound quality at all. And also if it just comes with the jack so you have to do the mod yourself or if the headphones already come with a removable cable. I hope that it comes with the mod already done because i have no wiring skills at all and it will probably be hard. And i dont want to break them by doing it myself. thanks to anyone who helps!!

There will be no sound difference and they come already modded with a locking removable cable.

These are the Shiny LE ones but the regular are the same.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Ok thanks. And will it also come with the carrying pouch?

From looking at the website it appears they come with the pouch, there are nicer cases to choose from in the option selections.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 8
I have a set of modified headphones from the soundprofessionals and it came with all retail packaging including the pouch. They sound wonderful, just like my friends set of M50's with a non-removable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back