Audio Technica ATH-M50 Limited Edition vs. standard M50 Video and my impressions on the M50.
Mar 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just got this up on YouTube.  Hope you guys like my review of the M50 and this comparison to the Limited version.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 20
I have not had a chance to listen to it yet. I just unboxed it to show everyone. I will break it in and then compare. Thanks for the support. :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 20
  Very nice unboxing. I'm surprised that the shiny Audio Technica logo on the earcup is actually made out of metal on the M50LE. I wish that the headphones could be all metal instead of plastic, though. That would be pretty great. But alas. It's so beautiful!
  The change in headband between both M50s is also very interesting. That would suggest why some people complain about the M50 having extreme clamping force and others do not! And for some reason, the ear pads on both of your M50s are much softer than on mine. I guess it's time for me to replace them.
-Also, the doggy barking in the background sounds very excited about the limited edition M50
tongue.gif
!

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 20
Hahaha... My dog wanted to be in the video, but I told her no so she was mad when I locked her out of the room. :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 20
You know, it's amazing that I have had the LE for three weeks now and not realize that the logo part is metal.

And you are right. It's metal!

Is your headband like mine? Does it pinch too much?

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #9 of 20
break-in is a must with these cans.  Sounds much better after 48 hours.

I have this coming this week.  Will do a comparison so stay tuned.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Is your headband like mine? Does it pinch too much?

Mine has stayed on my head for far too long, and now I barely notice that they are on my head. I think they stretch out eventually.

I do recall not being able to wear them for more than 1 hour when I first got them out of the box, but now I have no problem pumping music through them for hours on end (usually 2+).

And yeah, I would recommend burning in as well. My pair after one month still seems to be breaking in.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #11 of 20
What camera are you using? It seems pretty HQ.

And when you said "This part is all metal" do you mean the whole can part or just that raised little emblem part?

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #12 of 20

Quote:

And when you said "This part is all metal" do you mean the whole can part or just that raised little emblem part?

The can is made of plastic on my pair, but the logo/emblem is metal.

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 20
Mar 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #14 of 20

I use a Panasonic LX5 camera. It's not that fancy at $339. I use two lights. One with normal bulb and the other with Daylight bulb. It gives a good color in the videos when used together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back