Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #1,098 of 1,104
Boy, am I glad that these IEMs have a detachable cable design. One of my cord actually teared due to it being stuck between the pile of newspaper that I was carrying. Immediately ordered a new cord with a mic from CDjapan. Took about a week. Been using it since September. Do you guys have any tips for the cord to not get stiff over time?

May 5, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,100 of 1,104
Same here, can't decide.
Hey, I was wondering if you could help me. I ended up getting the RHA 750i and felt really disappointed with the lack of bass..the mids and highs were good and are important to me as I listen to classical music and movie soundtracks..however 70% of my listening is hip-hop so I need the right balance of feeling that bass as well as the iems being clear for classical music. Maybe I'm asking too much from earphones under £200. Can you offer some advice on what I should get?

May 8, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,101 of 1,104
Hey, I was wondering if you could help me. I ended up getting the RHA 750i and felt really disappointed with the lack of bass..the mids and highs were good and are important to me as I listen to classical music and movie soundtracks..however 70% of my listening is hip-hop so I need the right balance of feeling that bass as well as the iems being clear for classical music. Maybe I'm asking too much from earphones under £200. Can you offer some advice on what I should get?

CKR9

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #1,102 of 1,104
Just got my im70's today. Man these things sound good! They are most definitely bass oriented and the highs are not very bright, but that makes for a very fun engaging sound that suits my tastes. I would like a little more clarity up top, but for the price I paid for these things I'm not complaining! I'm curious how it's going to sound on my dx80 when I get it on saturday.

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #1,104 of 1,104
Slightly modified IM70:
Changing default cable to silver plated is very helpful to tight bass.
KVLP1TI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back