Audio Technica ATH-FC7
May 3, 2004 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lostlamb

100+ Head-Fier
Well dangit.

Apparently the server is hiccuping and it never posted my post...
Here's my second attempt to post.

My first impressions with ATH-FC7:
Not to cheap, and it's fairly light. Not as cheap looking or feel as some of the Koss headphones. However, it's disappointing to see these being made in Taiwan..not against being made in Taiwan, but I prefer made in Japan.

These cans fit like my SR60s, but a bit tighter. The padding is not as comfortable as my SR60s. I can see these being uncomfortable for hours...I'll just have to see. Since I'll be using these on the airplane. Based on my office noise here, I doubt these will drown out airplane noise. I can still hear my phone ring, although muted...

I'll get them broken in while I'm at work.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll give these headphones 7/10 for quality and build. My SR60s would be 6/10, and K501s would be 8.5/10. Just to give you some ideas on how I rate quality and build. A perfect 10/10 would be those Jacklin headphones....

lambda.gif

jk about the Jacklins...

-Matt

May 3, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 4
A quick session with my music on my laptop reveals a headphone with lots of bass and a dark midrange. Not what I would expect from a $45 headphone. I was expecting lots of treble energy and lots of bass. Well, it has lots of bass, but not that treble edginess.

Not bad...midrange is almost SR60ish.

May 4, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 4
listen more and give us a more detailed review. compare its sound quality to your other headphones. is it too dark, too bright, too much bass, bloated, sibilance or what? give it a rating also, like is it good, does it suck, decent, does the sound quality justify the price, etc.

also how portable is it and what is the diameter of the earcup?

and please take pictures, the folded position aswell.

i demand you!

May 4, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I have a pair of FC7 too and it definitely do not require a headphone amp (volume setting of 9-12 out of 25 is enough for me, or 3 out of 10 (different cd player)). While on the other hand my A500 sounds better with a headphone amp.

FC7 - headband is quite tight, it would have be ok if I didn't wear glasses. But since I usually only wear it outside, it never gets to the stage that it hurts.

Bass -not as solid as the a500, rather a more boomy version

soundstage - not spacious like the a500, ie right next to the ear.

Other earphones that I have.
mx400
ex71
888 - its broken now
frown.gif
can't decide if I should buy a replacement
+ loads of other headphone that comes with mp3, md and cd players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back