Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Real Vs Fake?
Jul 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bluedolphin

100+ Head-Fier
I wish to buy a Audio technica ATH-ESW9 from cherry wood headphones i think theese one are best priceway
I was looking at Ebay prices ranging between 160-320 USD.
But which one to trust.
The fakes is just plastic-wood while the real is Hokkaido cherry tree from Japan.

They mostly shipped from either Usa or Japan, some from hong kong
I guess ones from Japan is most to trust buying a 300usd make me feel more secure is authenic but there is no guarantee paying more give you the real.

Some sellers state they are authentic but thats also not enough to convince me XD

Is there a way i can ask seller of the Serial number then pass that over to Audio technica Japan to check if they real?
is that the only option to be sure?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=+Audio-Technica+ATH-ESW9+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Another question would ATH-M50XBL be better over ATH-ESW9 for outdoor use on mp3 player?

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 3
As long as you buy from a Japanese seller you should be ok (one with decent feedback)
But I would say to never buy name brand headphones from other Asia countries (like Hong Kong/China)

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 3
Is a pity Audio technica not sell them in europe, i see they are in Usa and Japan such a nice headphones.
if someone have a sugestion for a Japanesee seller or retailer that ship international i like to hear it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back