Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Fakes Hit The Streets.
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #17 of 60
Thanks for the info, though it is sad to hear. I just heard these phones at a meet and I am thinking about picking a pair up. Now I'll have to be more careful.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #19 of 60
They're damn good fakes although the lack of a protruding bit into where the cords plug in gives them away.

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How Much vs real

^^^ US$34.00 in a fake AT box.

darthsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're damn good fakes although the lack of a protruding bit into where the cords plug in gives them away.

^^^They actually look crap up close, the caps are plastic and scream "plastic" and the ear pads and even worse!

frown.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^They actually look crap up close, the caps are plastic and scream "plastic" and the ear pads and even worse!

frown.gif

True, but they look like they'd be damn hard to distinguish in pics on eBay, which is the main issue
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but they look like they'd be damn hard to distinguish in pics on eBay, which is the main issue
frown.gif

^^^ Actually they are damn easy to distinguish if you see them and any owner of a real pair will immediately tell you that they don't even come close to the originals! The ear pads are already a dead give away.

frown.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

^^^ Actually they are damn easy to distinguish if you see them and any owner of a real pair will immediately tell you that they don't even come close to the originals! The ear pads are already a dead give away.

frown.gif

Did you manage to see the price of them?

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you manage to see the price of them?

^^^Read my earlier post

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

frown.gif

If you already had one pair, you probably wouldn't buy another one...

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #28 of 60
My ESW9's came in the mail today, bought them for $199 on E-bay about a week and a half ago and wish I had seen this thread before I ordered. The ESW9 was from a Canadian Ebay seller by the name of Vesechka. They look exactly like the pics posted previously above by another member. Before I even opened them, they screamed fake. The cups looked low grade, fake, and certainly not real wood. Upon closer inspection the cups are made out of cheap plastic, laminated over with printed wood ingrains which you can easily see is highly pixelated and low resolution. The plastic cups came damaged with a nice assortment of nicks and cuts where you can see the lamination bubble up. I'd have to borrow a friend's camera to put up pics but it looks like the posted pics just a lot worse. To all potential esw9 buyers, stick with authorized dealers, the ESW9 fakes are no joke.

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #29 of 60
That really s*cks. I feel for you. Is there any way you can block your payment? Through PayPal or the CC company?

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ESW9's came in the mail today, bought them for $199 on E-bay about a week and a half ago and wish I had seen this thread before I ordered. The ESW9 was from a Canadian Ebay seller by the name of Vesechka. They look exactly like the pics posted previously above by another member. Before I even opened them, they screamed fake. The cups looked low grade, fake, and certainly not real wood. Upon closer inspection the cups are made out of cheap plastic, laminated over with printed wood ingrains which you can easily see is highly pixelated and low resolution. The plastic cups came damaged with a nice assortment of nicks and cuts where you can see the lamination bubble up. I'd have to borrow a friend's camera to put up pics but it looks like the posted pics just a lot worse. To all potential esw9 buyers, stick with authorized dealers, the ESW9 fakes are no joke.

Ouch... I saw them yesterday as well, and was having concerns about them being fake... Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Wooden Headphones on eBay, also DJ Traditional Headphones, Headphones, Headsets, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics (end time 25-Mar-09 16:43:18 GMT) The price seems more realistic imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back