Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #32 of 1,113
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.

May 20, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #36 of 1,113
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right?  They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.

May 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #37 of 1,113
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs?  It is a little cheaper than pricejapan.  They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy.  I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that.  I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.

Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.  

Anyone tried these?

May 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #38 of 1,113
If it ships from Japan, then it's probably legit.  I doubt that there are counterfeits for such an expensive headphone.  If it sold like Beats or ESW9 do, then there would be.

May 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #39 of 1,113
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there.  Thanks.  Hope i like 'em, sight unheard.  I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope.  Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"

May 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #40 of 1,113
Quote:
Com on ES-10 owners unite! Just for the sake of bumping this thread up ill post my picture of ES-10 that i put up on portable rig thread some time ago//
Btw i still love these//

Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones though 
tongue.gif

May 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #41 of 1,113
May 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #44 of 1,113
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time.  Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory.  Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back