Audio Technica ATH-DSR5BT (neck band Bluetooth)
May 23, 2020 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Pro-Jules

1000+ Head-Fier
Just picked up a pair of Audio Technica ATH-DSR5BT Bluetooth neckband headphones.

rrr price over £300
Got them new for under £70
ebay

I am a big fan of the Pure Digital Drive tech already (as on my Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT over ears.)

ther is something about pure digital drive I love.

Need to listen more but my partner has grabbed them! And she’s not giving them back!

might have to buy another set! Serious!

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 13
I like mine. Surprised there's really nothing on the forum about them. I found that the Comply Isolation 500 tips are best for me (most comfortable and best bass response). The fit of the Comfort tips really annoyed me. And I did find a hard case that works well with them: Hermitshell Hard EVA Travel Case for Sony WI1000X, at https://www.amazon.com/Hermitshell-...000X+Case&qid=1597009199&s=electronics&sr=1-2. The Comply tip case fits in there perfectly, too.

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 13
And I found the reviews on the web are all very positive, remarking on the neutral sound.

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 13
I sent mine to Snugs to get custom ear molds
image.jpg
s made for them.image.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 13
I'm not going to send mine to the UK for custom molds, but out of curiosity, how was the sound affected by the custom tips?

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 13
I simply cannot keep any earbuds in my ears. They all fall out.

That said - with the custom molds it sounds great. Sub bass delivery is excellent and the bent tips get treble around the bend in my ear canal.

Best of all they stay in my ears - it’s actually an effort to pull them out.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 13
Thanks for the information. All foam or silicone tips bother me after about 15-20 minutes, so I may look into custom molds in the US if the cost isn't prohibitive.

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #8 of 13
Well Snugs now have a profile of (my)ATH-DSR5BT speaker driver - so in theory their UK office should be able to share that with the US office.

In this case they might just need your ear impressions

I have a contact @Snugs - let me know if you want me to ask them for you.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 13
That would be great! Thanks.

Aug 30, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #10 of 13
Sent an email - lets see what comes back.

Nov 13, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #11 of 13
Never heard back from Snugs. But they do list the model on the website now (they didn't before). I just sent a note to them to make sure that the US lab can do this.

And I found a US dealer that will make molds if I send them the earphones. Trying to figure out if it is worth it.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 13
Go with whatever is cheapest?

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #13 of 13
I got an answer from Snugs:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are able to make tips for the Audio-Technica ATH-DSR5BT in the USA.

You can order SnugsPro for these here: https://snugs.com/product/snugs-only/

As you are based in the USA, you will need to source your local Audiologist to have your physical ear impressions taken. I have attached a document on what to ask for when getting your impressions.

Once you have these, you can send them directly to the lab in the USA who will make your custom fit tips from these.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back