Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,486 of 1,585
I wouldn't change the CK10 filters. I don't think you can put back the original one after you remove it; if you don't like aftermarket filters, you're gonna have a bad time looking for one that you like.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,487 of 1,585
My lord, these are wonderful.  These are nice with high impedance of 55ohms which makes them quite stable with most DAPs.  One of the best I've ever heard.  I wonder if there is an equivalent update to these currently.  Very clear and accurate to my ears.  Amazing vocals!  
basshead.gif

I have respect for AT now.  
atsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #1,488 of 1,585
  I wouldn't change the CK10 filters. I don't think you can put back the original one after you remove it; if you don't like aftermarket filters, you're gonna have a bad time looking for one that you like.

yes i agree i wouldnt if they sound good as is..i made the mistake of trying to clean them with a cleaning tool,,kinda dumb i know,,lol  but i ended up pushing in the one filter that i didnt realize was there to be honest i just thought they weere dirty,,which they were,,i bought them used,,anyway i carfuly cleaned them out using a iphone magnafing glass app. i then tried listening them and they sounded horible,,so much highs,,i almost cried to be honest with u lol  anyways i noticed that etymotic filters looked like they would fit inside the end of the ear piece,,to my surprise they did,,so  started listening and wow they sounded fantastic,,again..so i guess i got lucky lol anyways ive been listening to these for the last few days and im loving these , actually i took them out today to try a couple other iems and they all sounded really bloated in comparison to these..

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #1,489 of 1,585
Check this document out on Sonion drivers and filters.  Quite interesting.

http://www.sonion.com/~/media/Files/Academy/Academy_ProAudio__DocCode_304_V_001_Web.ashx

I'm guessing that the Ath-CK10 has Knowles drivers.  The drivers in the CK10 has much less sensitivity than the ones inside TG334 and SE846 which have Sonion drivers.  I think possibly the tweeters on the sE846 is Knowles mixed with Sonion mids and lows, not sure though.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,491 of 1,585
  I think i have to sell my existing headphone and try to buy one of these at the end of the day

These are well worth it my friend.  Such a dinky little 2 driver iem that has very tight sound with just the right amount of bass and clear mids and highs that isn't overly done like the Shures.  Highs sound extended if you are coming from phones with less forward highs, but your ears adjust over time.  

Appearance is deceiving.  These phone look dinky and doesn't look that special, but the sound is spacious and wide with very nice mids.

When you get them play around with the tips.  Don't have to push the tips in all the way on the tube, you can keep it out so you can insert it deeper to your ear if that helps seals the tips to the ear well.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #1,493 of 1,585
On Ebay.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Audio-Technica-ATH-CK10-balanced-armature-headphones-F-s-Japan-/171078920193?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item27d5192801

These are so rare, that they are valued up to $550. 
basshead.gif

Still it's much cheaper than SE846, which I think is way overpriced.
redface.gif

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,494 of 1,585
Mar 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,496 of 1,585
  Even after 5 years, this thread is still going strong, and still the only IEM I lost, which is a shame because they were pretty damn amazing.

This all I got to say, I've listened to some high-end IEMs lately, the TG334 and the SE846.  I think these are amazing.  I don't know when these phones came out, but it's was indeed a great bang for the buck.  

Who says it's the number of drivers matter?  These have 2 and whoop some iems with unnecessary numbers of drivers.

It would be wise for AT to produce them again, but I'm thinking thinking the parts suppliers do not make the parts for it any more.  

If the CK-100 pro is identical, I think it's a gem even at $300 given that there has been so many over-priced iems as of late.

Next for me is Hidition NT6, which is regarded as really neutral and clear CIEM, and I will compare with them.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,497 of 1,585
This all I got to say, I've listened to some high-end IEMs lately, the TG334 and the SE846.  I think these are amazing.  I don't know when these phones came out, but it's was indeed a great bang for the buck.  

Who says it's the number of drivers matter?  These have 2 and whoop some iems with unnecessary numbers of drivers.

It would be wise for AT to produce them again, but I'm thinking thinking the parts suppliers do not make the parts for it any more.  

If the CK-100 pro is identical, I think it's a gem even at $300 given that there has been so many over-priced iems as of late.

Next for me is Hidition NT6, which is regarded as really neutral and clear CIEM, and I will compare with them.
I can get the ck100pro for 300 bucks?? I'm in lol if they sound the same as the 10. Yes for sure. I've seen them on eBay for like 500+. I'm with you guys wish they would produce these again. I think these have the best mids. Vocals are simply amazing. Very watery

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,498 of 1,585
I even screwd up trying to clean them and screwed up the filters and put in the etymotic filters like I said and they just sound amazing. Anything else I put in sounds bloated and thick. And to me that includes the er4 p. I can hear just so much farther into the recording.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #1,499 of 1,585
I can get the ck100pro for 300 bucks?? I'm in lol if they sound the same as the 10. Yes for sure. I've seen them on eBay for like 500+. I'm with you guys wish they would produce these again. I think these have the best mids. Vocals are simply amazing. Very watery

I saw a pricing on Amazon for a used one for $300, but the drivers are imbalanced, it states left driver is audibly lower.  One the descriptions for CK-100 pro, it states triple driver, possibly it pushes out more bass.  It wouldn't be bad to have more bass, but yeah looking at the pictures, dunno if would provide the same fit as the CK-10 as you can pull out the tips on the tube to extend it's insertion for better fit.  

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #1,500 of 1,585
I saw a pricing on Amazon for a used one for $300, but the drivers are imbalanced, it states left driver is audibly lower.  One the descriptions for CK-100 pro, it states triple driver, possibly it pushes out more bass.  It wouldn't be bad to have more bass, but yeah looking at the pictures, dunno if would provide the same fit as the CK-10 as you can pull out the tips on the tube to extend it's insertion for better fit.  
Really I haven't tried that. I'm going to though. Seems like they would come off in my ears. I get them pretty deep with the tip all the way up. But I'm going to try that and pull the tip down more. I love the bass on these too. Some say it's not enough or maybe even rolled off but I think it's just rite. I'm not a bass head. I love how quick it is. It's like you could play two songs at the same time and not miss any detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back