Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
Dec 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

brownbomber

New Head-Fier
I just ordered these headphones what can I exspect, they are for gaming and light music listering.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 18
They're a very good all rounder phone IMO. It all depends on what type of sound signature you like. Personally I like the AT sound sig, but if you dont you can always sell them and get another pair of different cans.

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 18
Ordered first than ask for advise?
smily_headphones1.gif
Have a look in my signature.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood Simple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a mainly gaming can I would have recommended something with a bit more bass.

well I got the xfI sound card.I have a 5.1 gaming headset by turtle beach I am playing with right now its got lots of bass.But I wanted to try out a good set of cans to see if there was any difference in sound. If they dont work out I can always just use them for music. For sure I dont want to make buying headphones a habit . I heard it can become very addicting. I got 4 sets now ranging from 20 usd to 80 usd. This will be my last pair I hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbomber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I got the xfI sound card.I have a 5.1 gaming headset by turtle beach I am playing with right now its got lots of bass.But I wanted to try out a good set of cans to see if there was any difference in sound. If they dont work out I can always just use them for music. For sure I dont want to make buying headphones a habit . I heard it can become very addicting. I got 4 sets now ranging from 20 usd to 80 usd. This will be my last pair I hope
smily_headphones1.gif

More power to ya if the AD700 is your endgame phone. You'll have to let us know what you think when you get them.

Nylan

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 18
i owned them. if your computer is loud, then yoku will hear your computer very well through these. they are open phones and do not close in footsteps or anything. unless you have a mac pro or something will quiet casing, you will be looking for a different phone for gaming. they sound good, i hear not much difference with them to the ad900 but.. these are heavy and if you have a narrow head, they will not fit. they always fell down, my head finding its way toward the metal supports at the top if i moved at all. i switched to beyer dynammic and sennheiser soon after and was rewareded in every way except for price

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #10 of 18
I admit I haven't owned the A700, but if they're anything like my a900, an amp is completely unnecessary. I tried briefly a porta corda II and found very little improvement to warrant the 1?? dollar purchase.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbomber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the best portable amp that i can buy for this set of cans 100 dollars is the limit.

These are really easy to drive cans and you really arent going to see much if any benefit from an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back