Audio technica ath-a700 vs brainwavz hm5 vs Ultrasone pro 550
Aug 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Astrodreamer

New Head-Fier
Hi all, First time poster, ( joined 5 minutes ago)

Which headphones out of these 3 should I get?

I'm getting one of these + Samson sr850 ( 1 open, 1 closed)

My uses will be as follows:

80% gaming 20% music

Music such as ed sheeran, the script, mumphord and sons, eminem, b.o.b and others like this.

Games will be all types eg, Syrim, BF3, NFS, Mw3, Diablo 3, crysis.

I only want closed cans because I am getting this Aswell as the samson's.

I will be using this in a room with a tv and family 30-40% of the time so need isolation.

I really want to be immersed in the games eg. skyrim and sound clear, have great positional audio for fps and have good bass ( not to fussed about bass)

For music I want everything to be clear and crisp, guitar to sound amazing and natural as well as vocals to sound beautiful.

The brainwavz come with the fiio e6 at a total of $140

Ultrasone 550 around $150

Ath-a700 $140

I have looked at the beyerdynamic dt770 but just that with an amp will be the same price as one of these and the samson's, if you think this would be better for what I need let me know.

Ps. for the 550's and a700 I don't want to have to buy an amp for them. And don't suggest any other headphones please because I've decided on one of these after much research and my mind will go crazy if I have to do any more :).

Any input or opinions would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 3
I suggest that you go the "Recommendations" thread.  There is a link in the very first post of that thread to an article on gaming headphones.  After you have checked that out, you probably will be well served to post your question on that same thread.  I will tell you that the 550 is a basshead can and is very different than the other two you mentioned.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 3
I would vote Brainwavz HM5, but it's not a bassy headphone.

Maybe pass on the SR850 and get the DT770.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back