Audio-Technica AT-BHA100 & AT-DAC100
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #151 of 152
I'd like to replace the stock JJ tubes with Genelex Gold Lions. But since I never use the 6.3mm SE, I'd like to save some money and just swap out the 2 on the balanced channels.

How do I identify the 2 tubes I need to change?
I have not looked deeper into the board just yet to confirm this.

What I do have are infos on what’s plaguing some BHA100. I was at the recent Axpona and have spent most of my time with the AT folks at their booth. This issues is with the volume pot on B channel/balanced hp out in which a solder fails or come loose and will short out producing loud volume on the left channel. It will come and go. Mine has this issue and they also have this issue on some of their units. They know of this issue and will fix it for you via warranty claim.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #152 of 152
I have not looked deeper into the board just yet to confirm this.

What I do have are infos on what’s plaguing some BHA100. I was at the recent Axpona and have spent most of my time with the AT folks at their booth. This issues is with the volume pot on B channel/balanced hp out in which a solder fails or come loose and will short out producing loud volume on the left channel. It will come and go. Mine has this issue and they also have this issue on some of their units. They know of this issue and will fix it for you via warranty claim.
Well, once you've figured out which tubes drive which channels, please share the info here. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back