Audio Technica ANC 23 vs Klipsch S4 vs Sony MDR XB90EX Recommendation needed!
May 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fidelitynazi

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I've been silently tracking the site (borderline obsessively) for over a year now but just registered today. 
At the moment, i own a pair of Sennheiser HD203 (which apart from the comfort level, i'm pretty happy with) and a Philips SHP9000 openback pair of can. I wish the Philips had better bass response though. Anyway, i am planning to buy some budget ranged in ear phones and these are the ones i have sort of narrowed down on
1) Audio Technica ANC 23 - specifically because of their active noise cancellation 
2) Klipsch S4 - Getting them at a decent price and have heard good things about them
3) Sony MDR XB90EX - I am a bit of a basshead and i understand that these deliver in that department. 

I mainly listen to classic rock, blues and jazz

Help me out guys

Cheers
Aditya
Mumbai, India

May 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 3

rebelinho

100+ Head-Fier
if you need the active noise cancellation the Phiaton PS20 NC are a good option. cheaper than the ATH, with similar or even better noise cancellation, and logical cable length (the ATH one is plain stupid). 

for everything else, there's (Mastercard) this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-final-update-march-1st-2013

Users who are viewing this thread