audio-technica ad7?
May 3, 2004 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kcits

100+ Head-Fier
hi
smily_headphones1.gif

does anyone have any experience with the ath-ad7? i've searched around a little and there've been a couple of recommendations for these (although it seems that the higher ath-adx range doesn't have a very good reputation here; not sure about the new adx00 series though.) but otherwise, there's not much info around on these.
i think one person had both the a900 and ad5, and commented that the ad5 seemed to have a slightly smaller soundstage, so i'm wondering if anyone with the ad7 could comment on that aspect with respect to the a900 or hd580 (which i used to have.)

at the moment, i have just the ath-a900, and i'm pretty much looking for an "open a900" (ie, same sonic characteristics, but with a little more airiness/openness to the sound.)

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcits
hi
smily_headphones1.gif

at the moment, i have just the ath-a900, and i'm pretty much looking for an "open a900" (ie, same sonic characteristics, but with a little more airiness/openness to the sound.)

Even though it's still a closed can, the CD3000 fits that bill to a T, according to most that have owned both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back