audio technica ad2000x vs philips x1
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,
Ok, I  was wondering if anyone has heard both the philips x1 and the audio technica ad2000x and could compare them? I know the sound is probbably totally different but i was wondeirng how these compare in soundstage and midrange quality? I have the x1 now and am wondering if i should get the ad2000x.
thanks!
Greetings, Anouk,

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 3
I posted this in the Audio Technica thread:

Quote:
I guess I'm the only one with both AD2000X and X1. In terms of sound, AD2000X is clearly a step higher than X1. While the X1 have a weightier bass, AD2000X's bass is tighter, more textured , and punchier. Mids on the AD2000X are more forward and detailed, where on the X1 the mids are just there and isn't as full sounding. The highs on AD2000X are smoother, airier, and more sparkly than the X1. The clarity and micro-detail is a notch better on the AD2000X. Listening to the AD2000X from the X1 may make the X1 seem veiled, although it is not. Both have wide soundstages with precise imaging and good instrument separation, although the X1 seems to surround and immerse you more, while AD2000X just 'presents' it to you.

Don't get me wrong through, I love the sound of the X1 and even prefer it to my AD2000X. X1 is undoubtly one of the best values for the price. Its just that, at more than twice the cost of the X1, it isn't a very fair comparison.

The X1 do make a great complement to the AD2000X though, with its laid back sound contrasting the aggressive sound of the AD2000X. I love the X1 for movies and gaming, AD2000X for pure music listening.

Both are awesome headphones, and I'm proud to own both! 
smily_headphones1.gif

In my opinion, both are different sounding enough to warrant keeping both. Do let me know if you have other questions about AD2000X's sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back