audio technica a900x vs ad900x??
May 30, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 3
Ehhh never heard the AD900x but from reviews the AD900x carries quite a bit more silibance than the A900x.  Also the bass on the A900x is quite delicious and probably is due to the fact that it is a open back headphone.  AD900x also probably has better transparency being an open back headphone and also probably has a larger sound stage.  The A900x already has a pretty dang big soundstage and amazes me that its closed backed lol.  A900x is very detailed and full bodied with mids and vocals with very little hints of silibance if any unless the track was recorded a certain way

May 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Ehhh never heard the AD900x but from reviews the AD900x carries quite a bit more silibance than the A900x.  Also the bass on the A900x is quite delicious and probably is due to the fact that it is a open back headphone.  AD900x also probably has better transparency being an open back headphone and also probably has a larger sound stage.  The A900x already has a pretty dang big soundstage and amazes me that its closed backed lol.  A900x is very detailed and full bodied with mids and vocals with very little hints of silibance if any unless the track was recorded a certain way

yeah IMO i think the a900x seems to have the right amount of everything (aka pretty balanced). After i wrote this awhile back i looked around more and basically found that they have a very similar sound signature but just have the advatanges and disadvantages for their driver types. for instance from what people are saying the ad900x sounds more open (bigger sound stage) and is a bit more airer (the advantages of a open back driver design.). but lacks bass punch/impact and quality that the a900x has and from what you say the ad900x seem to have more sibilance. all and all from what I'm hearing theres not really a huge difference in sound quality just minor differences. But from what I'm hearing I'm glad i got my a900x IMO but whatever its all personal preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back