Audio Technica A900 Pad replacement (please help me pick!)
Apr 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:

Could you explain more about "patch up the pads with plasti-dip" ?

Plasti-dip is liquid rubber (a good dielectric, too) which you apply to things and let it dry until it solidifies.  Very flexible and stronger than regular liquid electrical tape.  I applied a few coats to the cheap earpads on my Fostex T50RP and 7509HD, just the inner side that presses against the baffle, stiffening that part of the earpad and improving sound quality significantly.  I meant for it more to simply hold my 7509HD's old, flaking earpads together a little longer, but it can do more than that if you use it right.  =]

May 31, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 20
Hi guys, got some HP-A1000 pads from the good guys and gals at Bluetin! Impossible to get these from Audio Technica it seems, only offering the stock A900 pads or non-oval and expensive W5000 pads.

I hope they're a lot better than the A900 pads as they're over 10 times more expensive haha!

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #18 of 20
Just thought I would post to help any others in the same place. Got the HP-A1000 pads today and they were a bit of a pain to fit but the quality appears to be much higher than the stock A900 pads which have totally fallen apart really - just from sitting down and listening to music

The sound quality also seems to be a fair bit better and the isolation again is a little bit better.

Comfort wise they are about the same so far.

Two thumbs up from me!!!

P.S Take note as the L and R pads are different and you have to put them on at the correct angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back